Lights on the bay?

I have been watching the WebCam from the Old Cut and have noticed flashing lights out on the ice.

Is there something going on out there tonight (February 8) or am I seeing Port Rowan? I watch the camera quite a bit and I have never noticed this before.

It does appear to be red&blues flashing.

It does appear to be red&blues flashing.
It looks rather unusual. Like you say, they are definitely flashing. I just revisited the WebCam and now the lights seem to have disappeared. I wonder what was going on out there?

Edit:
wfter reviewing the camera again, I can now see the lights again. It looks like the snow was blocking the view. They are definitely flashing lights out there.

Last edited:
The NY shoreline is lined with windmills, occasionally you will see them. On a clear night here you can count them. The tallest light is the coal fired plant at Dunkirk. They come and go based on light and weather conditions. We can see the light on the lighthouse on the tip of Longpoint flashing on a clear night from Selkirk, that a long way out from here. We actually can see the fireworks on the 4th of July if conditions are right from the deck here and can feel the vibrations from them.

Blue light? That's a mystery, Must be a UFO.

That's a good one PM, actually I leave the light stuff to light weights, strait Brandy here then I see all sorts of strange things.

I was watching the web cam and I too seen the flashing red lights I thought I was just ice huts and they were marker lights

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks