Lighthouse Aug.21

Landlocked

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Late report, son and I fished with the pack of boats on South side on Saturday, what a beautiful morning! Fairly slow and couldn't establish a pattern , ended up with two walleye and one bow, lost a couple, just kept trolling back and forth from 70-110ft, hits on 7 colour, 10 colour and jet 40. I'm thinking 45' down was the ticket but didn't have enough gear on board...will solve that problem this week, lmao!! (the bow put on an awesome show which had this guy smiling ear to ear, just not for the pic ;)Nate Aug 21.jpg

Walleye fishing still appears to be pretty slow in the area. No idea why the migration seems to be bypassing Long Point Bay. Much the same in 2020. We did really well north of the Lighthouse in 2018 and 2019. Bow fishing has been consistent with both good and poor days. Fair number of Coho this year. Not sure where they are coming from. Assume Lake Huron.

Walleye fishing still appears to be pretty slow in the area. No idea why the migration seems to be bypassing Long Point Bay. Much the same in 2020. We did really well north of the Lighthouse in 2018 and 2019. Bow fishing has been consistent with both good and poor days. Fair number of Coho this year. Not sure where they are coming from. Assume Lake Huron.
I have been thinking that instead of running south of the point I run more towards the grand river. Nanticoke was a dead zone on Saturday. After a couple weeks of 1-3 fish I like and a bunch I don't. I love the view at the point but the same distance in a different direction might make for a better fish fry.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks