LF Advice - Port Stanley Trip This Weekend

eyesncoke

Hi All,
With the poor east end fishing this year, I'm planning to head to PS Friday and Saturday for the first time so I'm unfamiliar with the area. Need slip with decent washrooms for the father-in-law for Friday night, was going to do Kettle Creek. Also need a launch, I've heard Stan's is better, but is there anywhere to park? I'll be bringing my 25 footer so the trailer is a little long making parking more difficult. For that reason, I was just going to use the town launch at the pier even though I've heard it isn't the greatest. Also, I've been trying to find info on the lift bridge - does it go up on the hour from 6am-10pm? With the wind forecast, it's looking like we'd head out around noon Friday until dark, then all day Saturday, home Saturday night. But we'd probably run back in Saturday for lunch, anywhere available for lunch/washrooms along the channel where we could dock the boat?
Thanks in advance!

Stans is a good ramp buts its tight..especially trying to maneuver a25. You'll have to back in from the street. Parking sucks. Have you got a transient slip at the yacht club? They have great ramps but I don't think they are open to the public. Ive never used the public ramp but ?? if a 25 is pushing it

Stans is a good ramp buts its tight..especially trying to maneuver a25. You'll have to back in from the street. Parking sucks. Have you got a transient slip at the yacht club? They have great ramps but I don't think they are open to the public. Ive never used the public ramp but ?? if a 25 is pushing it
I used to use Stan's all the time but when I got the 24' and long wheel base truck ( super crew 4dr. 6.5' box), it is physically impossible to launch at Stan's now. I use the public ramp at the end of the pier and works great.
As for slips, I checked with the marina's for a slip for 2 days (over night) while the trailer got safetied (last week) and nothing available. I just tied up to the harbour wall (utilizing my bumpers!) and retrieved it after 11 pm when the trailer was finished. I didn't try Stan's because last time I inquired about a slip for a day or two early last fall, it was stupid expansive!!!

Lift bridge operates every half hour on the hour. Use the public launch for a 25 foot boat. Tie off in the Barbour any time. I'm not sure on the public washrooms, but the Legion is right there along with many restraints. Enjoy your weekend in Port Stanley. Planning on getting out Saturday morning myself.

I've often wondered about the protocol of tying up to the wharf at Port Stanley.

Some googling found this: https://www.centralelgin.org/en/liv...ments/Port-Stanley-Harbour-Slip-Agreement.pdf

There's an interesting section that, if I read it correctly, states that under certain situations (all slips full, i suppose) a boat is entitled to moor to one of the boats already tied up, and must be granted passage across the deck.

It's not clear to me if you can just tie up and leave it overnight, but I think I have seen sailboats there early in the morning, which I guess have done that.

I reccomend going fishing to Erieau, with endless waters to catch fish..you got the rockline offshore. east to erieau Pt and west towards wheatley, and protected Rondeau Bay

Erieau marina is a full service marina with top notch facilites..the town has plenty to offer, you won't be disappointed..

check there website, and give them a call, there always good to me, ask for the lasted fishing report

519-676-4511​

I reccomend going fishing to Erieau, with endless waters to catch fish..you got the rockline offshore. east to erieau Pt and west towards wheatley, and protected Rondeau Bay

Erieau marina is a full service marina with top notch facilites..the town has plenty to offer, you won't be disappointed..

check there website, and give them a call, there always good to me, ask for the lasted fishing report

519-676-4511​

Great place , could get very busy though

I've often wondered about the protocol of tying up to the wharf at Port Stanley.

Some googling found this: https://www.centralelgin.org/en/liv...ments/Port-Stanley-Harbour-Slip-Agreement.pdf

There's an interesting section that, if I read it correctly, states that under certain situations (all slips full, i suppose) a boat is entitled to moor to one of the boats already tied up, and must be granted passage across the deck.

It's not clear to me if you can just tie up and leave it overnight, but I think I have seen sailboats there early in the morning, which I guess have done that.
Arawak, if you leave your vessel tied to the harbor over night, I was told you must report this to the Harbormaster prior to overnight. It is posted somewhere along the harbor with a phone number to call. There is a fee involved.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks