Lets see your first boat.

2015 with 25 etec just a newbie to boat ownership

Attachments

• 20150606_113302.jpg
    20150606_113302.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 79
AF0BA07A-704B-46B6-8115-4A6BA9D61F66.jpeg
1989 16” Sylvan Sea Monster with a 90hp Mercury. 12 volt Minn Kota with a Eagle fish finder with fish ID lol
Called it the Beer Can cause it just skated on top of the water
As long as you made sure the second gas tank wasn’t empty before leaving lol
I still hear about it ?

I had a Lund just like yours @big rod only it was a 14 1/2 ft. Deluxe with the full floor in it and a 30 hp Yamaha. Used it mainly for up north and some moose hunting but wasn't my first boat. My first was a brand new 1981 Doral 15 1/2 ft. fiberglass with a 115 hp Mercury. Caught coho and walleye by the bucket load out of that Doral back in the heyday off Glasgow during the 80s and spent most weekends at LPB with the family. That boat would sizzle not many could pass it back then and my wife was always chewing my ear off.... "SLOW DOWN!" ? Wow my wife was like 33 there sitting off Pottahawk Point, hey we were young once! ?

Blue2.jpg
Blue1 001.jpg
Lund1 001.jpg

Don't have one of my first boat but I know if you add up all the boats i had over the years including all the fishing gear fishfinder trolling motors and all the other stuff I would have one sweet looking ride right now lol ?

Not exactly like this, mine was more red. ?

toyboat (2).jpg

My first "big boy" boat is the one I currently have now.

Family had a number over the years with the cottage, I wasn't an owner. 11 ft Aluminum car topper, 16ft Cedar Strip with an old 35 Johnson, and a 14' Grew with an 85 Merc that we all skied behind

I don’t have a picture but it was a 1960s Arkansas Traveler with a 60 hp Chrysler . This might of been awesome in 1960 not so much in 2004 . I painted it and upholstered the seats with faux black snake skin . Not a good idea in the sun . I was a legend in my own mind . Got me hooked on boating though .

I had a Lund just like yours @big rod only it was a 14 1/2 ft. Deluxe with the full floor in it and a 30 hp Yamaha. Used it mainly for up north and some moose hunting but wasn't my first boat. My first was a brand new 1981 Doral 15 1/2 ft. fiberglass with a 115 hp Mercury. Caught coho and walleye by the bucket load out of that Doral back in the heyday off Glasgow during the 80s and spent most weekends at LPB with the family. That boat would sizzle not many could pass it back then and my wife was always chewing my ear off.... "SLOW DOWN!" ? Wow my wife was like 33 there sitting off Pottahawk Point, hey we were young once! ?

View attachment 22830
View attachment 22831
View attachment 22832
Great photos Robert

View attachment 22825
1989 16” Sylvan Sea Monster with a 90hp Mercury. 12 volt Minn Kota with a Eagle fish finder with fish ID lol
Called it the Beer Can cause it just skated on top of the water
As long as you made sure the second gas tank wasn’t empty before leaving lol
I still hear about it ?
That was my next boat, it was a 16ft Smokercraft Sea Monster. They were made in the same building, same colour even.I bought it at George Woods Guns in London. The days of mullets and Loran -C. The pic is Lake O, Brown Trout.1588769728775.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t have a picture but it was a 1960s Arkansas Traveler with a 60 hp Chrysler . This might of been awesome in 1960 not so much in 2004 . I painted it and upholstered the seats with faux black snake skin . Not a good idea in the sun . I was a legend in my own mind . Got me hooked on boating though .
Did you have dice to match the snakeskin back then?LOL.

1987 14ft Lund, 25Merc & 4hp Johnson.This pic is in Goderich, it had a Hummingbird fish finder that marked a fish as a 4 pixel square box.LOL.

I had one of those 4 block box fish finders as well. I looked for the side by side comparison video I made with it and my Hmbrd 859 but couldn't find it before heading out this morning.

If I find it I'll post it. LOL

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks