lets be careful out there

packrat

for all who fish solo in isolated areas---this happened to a fishing buddy of mine last thurs on a Lake O trib

while fishing the creek he was suddenly attacked from behind by a pit bull during the struggle that took place my friend took 47 stitches to his arm

unfortunately the dog didnt survive

been trying to piece the whole story together cuz when i first asked how his trip went was getting some peculiar responses and this is about all i have been able to put together

was only this morning i found out what kind of "dog" it was as coyotes are known to frequent the area---secondly was a complete surprise attack--he never saw it coming for him

i hesitate to post something that is complete assumption on my part but i know my partner and he wouldnt fabricate a tale like this

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

wow, did he have to change his drawers afterwards? so it was a yote that attacked him?

it's because of stuff like this that makes me jealous of most states with their laws allowing citizens to carry handguns for defense. it would be great to be able to carry a little .22 for dispatching wounded game too ;)

quote:
Originally posted by ch312

wow, did he have to change his drawers afterwards? so it was a yote that attacked him?

it's because of stuff like this that makes me jealous of most states with their laws allowing citizens to carry handguns for defense. it would be great to be able to carry a little .22 for dispatching wounded game too ;)

no it was a pit bull and i sure am thinking of carrying some kind of "equipment" for self defence from now on if i ever go back into that area

couple years ago we were in there an saw a yote across the creek from us----big mother and it wasnt the least bit afraid of us at all

just looked us over and kept going---thank god

I'm always armed in one way or another when I fish alone. But I don't carry guns LOL.

That's too bad about your friend and another black mark against the bully breeds. Which is a shame because they can be wonderful dogs.

quote:
Originally posted by packrat

quote:
Originally posted by ch312

no it was a pit bull and i sure am thinking of carrying some kind of "equipment" for self defence from now on if i ever go back into that area

couple years ago we were in there an saw a yote across the creek from us----big mother and it wasnt the least bit afraid of us at all

just looked us over and kept going---thank god

I had a Pit Bull take interst in me one day. I was deer hunting a ridge when it and another dog ran past. The Pit Bull winded me and started toward me. I had a 3" shell with 000 buck. It stopped before I felt I should shoot. Turns out it was a dog of a guy I knew and he assured me it was friendly. I assured him it almost died.

BD

Check me out on Face Book
Big Daves Fishing Charters
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/BigDavesFishingCharter

Bolo machete is ready to go.

Stick

DSC00152.jpg

"Rivers are living things, sometimes swollen and discoloured, other times thin and anaemic. Spend enough time around a particular river, you learn to read its moods, like a spouse reads a partner."

Gord Ellis ONTARIO OUT OF DOORS

Those dogs are illegal in ontario,dog owners liability act,he can sue the owner for injury bigtime especially if he has collateral like a house,job ya must have some kind of insurance if ya own a dog. On October 26, 2004 the McGuinty government introduced Bill 132 to amend the Dog Owners' Liability Act (DOLA), with related amendments to the Animals for Research Act (ARA).
Bill 132 was passed by the Legislative Assembly as the Public Safety Related to Dogs Statute Law Amendment Act, 2005 on March 1, 2005. It received Royal Assent on March 9, 2005.
The legislation bans pit bulls in Ontario, places restrictions on existing pit bulls, and toughens the penalties for the owners of any dog that poses a danger to the public.
Ontario's pit bull ban took effect on August 29, 2005.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks