lessons learned

meridian

Out this morning to sight in my crossbow, hitting the bull at 20yds 25yds , all good .Go to try at 30, start to pulling the cocking cord.
My boot obviously was not on the stirrup properly, out it pops ,still pulling this damn thing. So up comes the front end, hits me on the left side of the forehead.
Up comes a goose egg sized lump, not my best moment in life , fortunately no damage to the bow.
Carried on and got the scope set for 30yds without any trouble. Going out again later this week, hope everything goes well.:nailbiting::nailbiting:

Ouch, I've never had that happen,,, yet.

That’s nothing a friend had his neighbour un cock her bow with the arrow still in it and pushed the arrow through her boot into the top of her foot. Needless to say a trip to the hospital ensued and it was not pretty for the pic I saw.
(I still don’t know how she got her boot in the stirrup with an arrow in it other than she has really small feet.)

Also remember to take the bolt out before you uncock it. Heard of a few fellows forget that and peg there foot to the ground

I have a big set of boots I use late season, and have a hell of a time getting them into the stirrup. I'm sure the bow will come loose one of these days and the stock is going to hit me square in the nuts.

I shoot a compound bow vs a Xbow..but just as dangerous. I shoot with a trigger style release. I was drawing the bow and accidentally touched the trigger on the release..punched myself in the face. Thought i had broke my #### nose. Bloody but survived.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks