Lesson For Me

Helmut

Decided to hit the elbow on Sunday evening. Launch out of Dover which is usually a pretty decent place.
Did not cross my mind that a very hot summer day would mean chaos in Dover but it did. People driving and walking in all direction with no regard for oncoming traffic. Main street closed for work had to detour around through narrow streets with people parked up to a meter from curb. Ended up taking 45mins to get through the traffic to the marina. Then the fun begins :eek:
SO I pull up pay my fee then wait. All slips busy as lots of folks leaving. No problem there, but a couple of guys pull out and stop maybe 40ft from the ramps on either side of the pull out lane. SO I can try to pull up the middle of them or wait. I decide to wait a bit. Well doesn't the one clown walk by us with family in tow to have a picnic in the cabana beside launch :devil::devil: Wife calms me down and I just pull in between these bozos and back in very delicately. I say to guy in cabana you cant just leave your rig there man. Says no parking for a reason and there is tons of parking up further. SO off he goes and walks to his truck then just walks back leaving it there!! WOW.
Anyway out to the elbow for a few hours. Marking TONS of fish all sitting in the top 20-25ft of water over 55ft. Got skunked anyway and ended up twisting up brand new lead core. Believe it or not wife and I still had some fun for the evening.

Oh yeah the LESSON here> don't be so stupid go to north erie not much further:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Those people are everywhere.
I usually fish off to myself for the following reason.
Took my son perch fishing as my cousin told us of the hot spot.
We get there with15 other boats.
One guy,already anchored catches a nice perch. We are in 8-10 fow and no appreciable breeze. The next thing you know some guy and his wife in a 12-14 ft aluminum decide the only two square feet of water with fish is where this guy caught one. I see the guy move up to the anchored boat and said to my son 'watch this'. He crosses the anchor line of the fellow who caught the fish with his anchor line. Then proceeds to slide right down the line until his boat crashes the anchored boat . What a mess!
We moved off and fished for bass.

What happen to boat launching etiquette??? I periodically launch on a weekend out of stans marina in port stanley to go out and fish. On the busy summer weekends...there is a hired hand to specifically manage and help with the large volume of boats going in and out of the water. There is a launch with arrows for going in and a launch with arrows for coming out. He also directs you to a spot to park your vehicle and trailer. You still have to have paitence and wait your turn when there is a line up, but it runs alot smoother when you have a manager there to give direction, but also helps you get your boat on the trailer to keep the flow moving.

To take this off on a tangent , I have a second cousin who tests water ( tap and bottled)for his city. The bottled water sits so long (and he tests it ) he won't drink any water but his community's tap water.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks