LEAMINGTON

BallEye2

2 of us in Leamington today - fished 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. - ONLY boat on the water. First fish - a decent size in the first 5 minutes - 2 more fish before we packed it in. Washed lots of RRs, Spoons and some Tail Dancers - 2 on RRs, 1 on TD. Lead and Dipsys on braid were the weapons of choice. Water temp surface 58 degrees. The lack of boats should have been an early indication of the fishing although when you catch one in your first 5 minutes it gives you a positive outlook on the day. No fish, some fish, lots of fish - didn't matter. Nice to get out on the water, spend a day with a good friend and be thankful.

Cheers,
Balleye

Oh yeah - fished between 35' - 50' - marked lots of - whatever wasn't biting.

I don't know where you got 50ft of water out of Leamington,use crawlers my friend.

I don't know where you got 50ft of water out of Leamington,use crawlers my friend.
BallEye2- I feel
2 of us in Leamington today - fished 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. - ONLY boat on the water. First fish - a decent size in the first 5 minutes - 2 more fish before we packed it in. Washed lots of RRs, Spoons and some Tail Dancers - 2 on RRs, 1 on TD. Lead and Dipsys on braid were the weapons of choice. Water temp surface 58 degrees. The lack of boats should have been an early indication of the fishing although when you catch one in your first 5 minutes it gives you a positive outlook on the day. No fish, some fish, lots of fish - didn't matter. Nice to get out on the water, spend a day with a good friend and be thankful.

Cheers,
Balleye

Oh yeah - fished between 35' - 50' - marked lots of - whatever wasn't biting.
BallEye2- I feel your pain my friend but please don't feel bad. I just got back from Leamington on Wed. for a 3- day fishing trip and only brought home 9 wallys between 2-guys! That's dreadful for Leamington at this point in June. I do use only Bottom- Bouncers and spinners/ worms down there. Any colour really but it was pretty slow as compared to the previous years! Yes- Water was a little bit colder then others- Like about 60-61 degrees. but I think it is still a little bit too early yet! Just my thoughts. I believe the majority of the fish are still down or near Colchester way. Water needs to warm-up a bit to 65 degrees then see what happens! I did talk to a few of the local people at the marina and they said I was a little bit early. Go figure. Normally I fish Leamington around the 2nd wk. of June. Done well there in that time frame for the past 4yrs. I only bring the boards/ spinners and worms/ BBs and that's it. No need to bring anything else. They are my go to tackle. The ODD time some crankbaits. All of our fish came in aroundthe 30-35ft. of water with a BONUS Rainbow- Which my buddy caught out in 38ft. of water. What a fight for a 3lb. silver rocket! And he caught it on a silver/chartreuse spinner and worm. Go figure! Anyways good luck with your fishing adventures for 2020. I know I am staying positive! I think next yr. I will come a little bit later. The weather we had this spring didn't help! Great chatting with you and good luck my friend-Walleyeman. P.S. I got my 2- Channel-68- Decals while I was in Leamington from SouthernOntarioSportsman. Nice Guy also!

I managed 1 fish per hour out there today. Got my limit but it was a long day . I was there the end of may last season and it was much easier fishing than it was today. Only on harnesses. no luck on hardbaits. Bugs were bad when the wind dropped off in the afternoon.

Was nice to chat with you @walleyeman ? and your buddy. saw you out there Tuesday afternoon. I was pulling for you guys, . I do wish they would have co-operated better for your boat.
I am going to give it a go Saturday , this week was golf.
Cheers,
Yes it was very nice meeting you too s.o.s. Good luck to you on Sat. I wish you good luck and good health on your ventures. Hope you do well. Maybe bring your son along with you! He will provide your Luck-for sure. Stay safe my friend- Walleyeman.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks