Leamington

smokey1

Fished in 33 ft of water 2.5 feet ice, to the west of Mersea C and D Rd.s
Size was a bit small for my liking but i have seen many others that would have bucketed most everything caught.
Fished from 6 till 6 averaging 5 and hr to be conservative , the 2 of us caught well over 100 keeping 6 jumbos then 10 in the 8 inch size.
Capped the afternoon with 18.5 in walleye mixed in with perch, may even have caught more if i stayed later as perch were swarming while it looked like the bottom was covered with the masses coming for a look then settling back down.
Williams hammered gold and silver spoon was the ticket tipped with minnow double hooking minnow as bite can be light at times.
Larger fish are the ones on bottom , found it best to drop to bottom and wait 15 seconds for that monster to slerp it up , raising pole ever so slowly to see if its there then bam set the hook.
Reel up slow or your chancing blowing out the air bladders for any fish you would return.
Great place to fish if you ever get the chance.

Smokey1,

Thanks for the report. Nice job.

How far off Mersea rd.s were you? Were you walking?

Thank you.

very close to 3 miles, riding sled
acccord to the depth chart you could be in that depth in half the distance its just there are a few more contours to check around a bit further out.
Travel by sled or atv is very easy just a few rough patches for atvs were the pressure cracks are.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks