LEAFS

I called it…. Game 4 is gonna be a game changer

Changing from hockey to golf
Golf isn't a game. It isn't even a sport. It's a hobby. It's fetch without the dog, but when it comes to the Leafs, even I have to agree with the premise of what you're saying.

The way they've played in every game but game 2 vs Tampa, they were lucky to get out of the first round, and being honest, but for that game 2 vs Tampa, they didn't really deserve to win any other game. They haven't been able to make tape to tape passes, especially against Florida more often than they have, when the D gets pressured in their own zone, especially if they get hit hard, they've coughed up the puck and left the goalie high and dry, and the "big 4" while they do have points, ummmm, where the hell have they been really? Said it last year, and the year before that, and the year before that..you get the idea...been saying it for a while......EVERY team KNOWS how to beat the Leafs......it's simple really IF they can execute........shut down Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Tavares.......pressure and bang the d in their own zone, they'll cough up the puck and hope the goalie bails their asses out......sometimes they have......sometimes, (more often than not) the zebra is diggin the puck outta the back of the Leafs net. They have the same mentality they have always had in recent years...WE CAN OUTSCORE THE OTHER TEAM.........not when that team KNOWS how to play good defensive hockey in their own zone, and more importantly knows how to do what I just said ALL other teams in the league have figured out.......... BUT......when the Leafs show up and play like they did in that game 2 vs Tampa, nobody is gonna beat them. They haven't figured that out yet apparently even though they did come out like that for game 2 of this series and yeah, they dominated the first 12 minutes of game 2 of this series, then one mistake, one d man hammered behind the net, zebra drops the puck at center ice........they weren't the same after that.

They played well tonight........well enough to win.........BUT.....they also played just well enough to lose..........they were very tentative to start OT....playing like they were afraid to make a mistake.........and then....a little pressure in their own zone...and...they made one on what was really a NOTHING play....that became a great play for Florida...........game over...........While I still think they might win one game....and that's a very big might.....I don't see them winning 4 straight........especially the way they've been playing and especially if Samsonov's injury is going to keep him out of the lineup. Woll is good.......but....Murray was cleared to play and was the emergency backup tonight.......bet they start him in the next game if Samsonov can't go.......not because Woll doesn't deserve to start.....but because the argument will be......Murray makes more $ and has more playoff experience being a 2 time cup winner with the Pens. (they forget he hasn't been the same goalie since that second cup win AND he gets hurt and has been put on injured reserve more than he hasn't in recent years, which is part of the reason the Pens let him go.)

BUT, as I say every year.......they're still the most consistent team in the league. The Toronto Maple Leafs disappoint their fan base consistently EVERY year.........and once they're done.....I can put more focus on going fishin since I won't have to worry about rushing home to catch the Leafs game......(generally, the Edmonton games start later so I don't worry about missing any of their games lol)

Last edited:
@Trevor M... Look at it on the positive side... the Leafs just extended the longest Stanley Cup drought in NHL history to 56 years. Just think of it, that's a record that will probably never, ever be broken. :eek:

With a nod to Animal House and Bluto...

Willy Nylander: War's over, man. Reinhart dropped the big one.
Tavares: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Marner: [whispering] Germans?
Matthews: Forget it, he's rolling.
Tavares: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... [thinks hard] the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go! [runs out of the dressing room, alone; then returns] What the fudge happened to the Leafs I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go into the corners, we might get hurt." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Tkachuk, he's a dead man! Mountour, dead! Sam Benett-
Marner: Dead! Tavares is right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Tavares: We're just the guys to do it.
Willy Nylander: Let's do it.
Tavares: LET'S DO IT!!

@Trevor M... Look at it on the positive side... the Leafs just extended the longest Stanley Cup drought in NHL history to 56 years. Just think of it, that's a record that will probably never, ever be broken. :eek:
I am looking at the positive side of it Bob, after-all, didn't I say somewhere that once they're done I can put more focus on fishing because I won't have to rush home to watch the Leafs game. ;)

With a nod to Animal House and Bluto...

Willy Nylander: War's over, man. Reinhart dropped the big one.
Tavares: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Marner: [whispering] Germans?
Matthews: Forget it, he's rolling.
Tavares: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough... [thinks hard] the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go! [runs out of the dressing room, alone; then returns] What the fudge happened to the Leafs I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go into the corners, we might get hurt." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Tkachuk, he's a dead man! Mountour, dead! Sam Benett-
Marner: Dead! Tavares is right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
Tavares: We're just the guys to do it.
Willy Nylander: Let's do it.
Tavares: LET'S DO IT!!
you forgot the last line @stomp, when they all look at each other and ask...."what was it we were just talking about that we were gonna do? Oh yeah, supper and beer."

Wrong @Wave Runner … the Leafs will break it next year
Been saying it for as long as I can remember, JUST ONCE in my lifetime, I would like to see the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. Hasn't happened since before I was a thought, came close to at least making the final a couple times, but just couldn't quite get there. I don't intend or plan to die anytime soon or in the foreseeable future, so providing I live at least as long as my parents have, I still have hope they might figure it out and actually do it............some day.........:);):ROFLMAO:

Who?......... I'm watching the Knights.........
Yeah I'm watching the Knights too. Hoping the Pete's beat NB in game 7 tonight. IF they do that gives the Knights home ice for the final.

IF you're talking about that "other" knights team GO OILERS GO. ;)

Been saying it for as long as I can remember, JUST ONCE in my lifetime, I would like to see the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. Hasn't happened since before I was a thought, came close to at least making the final a couple times, but just couldn't quite get there. I don't intend or plan to die anytime soon or in the foreseeable future, so providing I live at least as long as my parents have, I still have hope they might figure it out and actually do it............some day.........:);):ROFLMAO:
90996017_762369317502820_7713377864770387968_n.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks