LEAFS

I was in university drinking at the pub when Gretzky pulled the rug out from under us in game 7 when he high sticked Gilmore badly then scored on the same shift. 🤞I will be alive for this!!

I remember it well. The rule at the time was draw blood and your out for the rest of the game but it was Gretzky.

I remember that too. I also remember Lanny McDanny's o/t goal to advance past the Islanders. Those moments sure have been few and far between for Laffs fans.

What’s the walleye fishery like out in Edmonton? Maybe you should give that a shake!!

I used to moose hunt with my bow for may years out at Rufus Lake near Kap, Huge leaf fans up there....enjoy!

Unfortunately I have to say this about the Leafs👎👎👎.
Go OILERS
Well ya see @Fisherboy I have a solution and an answer to that.......I've been a "die hard" Leaf fan my entire life. HOWEVER, I lived in Edmonton for 6 years of the 23 I lived out west before moving back home to Ontario. So I choose a team from each conference every year. Toronto in the east, Edmonton in the west. When they play each other, (which yes I've had the privilege of seeing that matchup live) the blue and white of the Toronto Maple Leafs takes precedence. and I would LOVE to see them play each other for the Cup. Would be one hell of a series me thinks.

Also just as a friendly reminder to you being I'm a fan of both..........Toronto DID win BOTH games vs Edmonton this year.......5-2 and 7-4 and yes I KNOW McDavid can potentially win a series all by himself......saw him do it as a member of the Erie Otters vs The London Knights......First time I saw him play I was in the stands at Bud Gardens......he didn't impress me because he didn't do much.......BUT.....in OHL playoffs that year......vs London.......14 points in a 4 game sweep. My opinion of him as a player changed because of that series.

The first time I ever attended an NHL game live, was in Edmonton Oct 15, 1989. IF you're a big Oilers fan you KNOW the significance of that date. If not, I'll remind you. It was the season after Gretzky was traded to LA, and the Oilers just happened to be playing LA that night. I have never before, or since seen as many two faced people in one place at one time. The ENTIRE game was "GRETZKY...GRETZKY......" (you get the picture) Then he scored the point that tied Howe's all time points record. THEN the one that broke it. THE PLACE WENT NUTS......game was paused, there was a little ceremony......then the game resumed.......the whole place went from "GRETZKY.....GRETZKY" to "GO OILERS GO"

Last time the Oilers made it to the final (2006) I lived in Edmonton, so I HAVE experienced a Stanley Cup run in a city involved in it. Too bad they lost in 7 though, but wow, it was something. Just once in my life......I'd like to experience something like that from the team that has ALWAYS been my first choice........the Toronto Maple Leafs....because the last time they won the Stanley Cup.....not only wasn't I alive........I wasn't even a thought yet.

Last edited:
🤞Boston gets SMACKED by Florida especially since I wanna ‘sucker punch’ their anthem singer!

What’s the walleye fishery like out in Edmonton? Maybe you should give that a shake!!
Actually, when I lived there it wasn't so bad if you knew where to go. But then again, I haven't lived there for 14+ years now soooooo........

🤞Boston gets SMACKED by Florida especially since I wanna ‘sucker punch’ their anthem singer!
Given, like many, including several of the so called "experts" that we see on TV, I didn't give Florida a chance in hell of winning ONE game, let alone forcing 7. I would LOVE to see FLorida pull off what would arguably be the biggest upset in NHL history (43 points between them) by winning tonight. That and in all honesty, Boston/Toronto recent playoff history doesn't exactly favor the Leafs. The memories remain and are still VERY fresh.....Florida/Toronto might be a more entertaining series and with that I'm off to watch the game

It's not that I'm a Leafs hater but the fans are over the top. Just watch the news after they won the last series(they were climbing street poles & won the stanley cul). Really.... it's the first round....... Congrats
When they are winning,fans love them. When losing, u never hear a boo from them.

It's not that I'm a Leafs hater but the fans are over the top. Just watch the news after they won the last series(they were climbing street poles & won the stanley cul). Really.... it's the first round....... Congrats
When they are winning,fans love them. When losing, u never hear a boo from them.
Try to remember......19 years since a playoff series victory.....ya gotta give some leeway there..and we've seen a lot worse.....and as I said, I lived in Edmonton for 6 years. I was there when the then Esks won the Grey Cup in 2005. I was there in 2006 when the Oilers went to the Cup Final....some people misbehaved there too but not like the riots in Vancouver or Montreal...and what people in Toronto were doing after they won the series last night......NOTHING like that............and when they (the Leafs) don't show up and play hard.......you bet the fans boo them.....hell they were throwing their jersey's on the ice and wearing paper bags on their heads in the stands......what was it 4-5 years ago in the middle of the season (and they did make the playoffs that year) because they weren't playing the way they could/should have........they were booed in game 1....in fact by the end of game 1........the stands were all but empty because of how poorly they had played and it was sold out when the game started and as a die hard fan, I gotta say.......they VERY easily could have been facing elimination in game 5 instead of being up 3-1.......games 1, 3, 4 and 5......they didn't deserve to win.......they played hard for 7-10 minutes total playing time in each of games 3 and 4 and were lucky to get out of Tampa with a chance to end it.

Now IF the Leafs somehow make it to the final and win it..............you think that was over the top last night.........Just you wait and see what happens IF that were to happen...........They'd shut the province down for THAT party:ROFLMAO:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks