Leadcore

Puddle Jumper

Just made a road trip to Grimsby tackle today .
Purchased the bulk 1000 yard spool of 27 lb Stealthcore, leadcore line.

About to respool all my reels for duel purpose lake O and lake erie.

150 yards PowerPoint hi viz backing
20' of 25lb Abrazx fluorocarbon

Thinking of making
2 x 7 colour
2 x 10 colour
1x 12 colour

What other lengths should I consider ?

What do other members have most success with ?

Red 40 lb braid to micro leadcore to 20ft of 20lb Big game line then a size 14 rolling swivel to 6 ft of 20lb with a crosslock snap.
At the moment I am set-up with doubles from 3 color to ten. Did lots of testing last year using my own custom snap weights and this year will not be going double 2,3,4,5 and 6 color. It seems to get the job done with less reeling. The big game acts like a shock absorber and stops the hooks tearing out.

I have started to use snap weights with my leadcore last year and had some success. My long lines on Lake O are now 200 and 300 copper and if needed add the snap weight.

Fishing Erie.
Always packing 4 of each@ 3,4&5 colors pulling standard/average goto lake erie spoons and shallow cranks.. If I need deeper I run deep diver cranks or add 1-1.5oz snap wieght if pulling harness & spoons.
15-20' leaders of 20lb fluro and 25-50ft of 20lb hi-viz big game for backing. 7colors see some duty every year but not to often.. 10s are collecting dust.
Works well enough for me.

I usually let out around 40 - 50 ' of backing after all the lead is in the water .......but I also go to a memorable # on the line counter ....so it's easier to set

Thanks everyone for the advice and info.

I currently have a 5, 10 and 2x 7 colours set up

I ran out of good reels .....so will buy for reels later and set up as needed

I have enough other rod's capable of running diving lures and or clip weights

Plus I normally run dipsy divers and riggers

I run regular lead to use Willis knot to 30-40 ft 25 lb fluoro leader. 3 color then 100ft 50 lb Braid then 2 color then braid - gives an option of running 3 or 5 colors. Have another rod 5 plus 2 to run 5 or 7. Can also play with the diving depth of body bait to get any depth you need. I like to run an inline board, 1 dipsy on the other side, and two downriggers or a downrigger and a flat line to keep it simple :) I usually have one passenger so cant run more then four lines anyway

Short cores with snap weights are go to's for me as well. Longest stretches I have are 5 color Suffix advanced. Even late summer when fish are deep I have no problem getting deep with alot less line out

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks