LEADCORE

jeffro9

Hey guys! new to the fourm loving it already!
cant wait to get the season underway.
I am looking to set up a pole with some lead. Im using a daiwa 47LC reel.
what would you guys suggest be the best line set up. Id like to run this pole down on erie for eyes and also the odd trip out on big O
i figure ill back with braid but as for the lead im not sure if i should put a full 10 colour on? and a fluro leader
or would i be best to section the lead?

any info / advice would be greatly appreciated

If you only have one set up this is what I would say to do. Put on 900 feet of braid then five colours and 50 of mono then another five colours then your leader line. The other way is backing then three colour then 50 feet of mono and then seven colours. Those would be two good set ups that cover to different depths. The five and five is most common.

what would be the difference in the 5 and 5
as opposed to going backing then all 10 colours then leader?

Thumperrr,

20-25lb big game will be just fine between segments of lead.

JIMMAR

Fish Hard, Fish Often, Keep it Reel...J

You split it up so you can use 3 or 5 colours when the fish are fairly shallow and you put your release on the mono after putting the 3 or 5 colours in the water. When the fish are deep you run it all out (10 Colours) and put your release on the mono after all colours are in the water. You do not want to put your release on the dacron covering the lead as this will break the lead and or dacron covering. Hope this explains it. www.scrimmyssportfishing.com

jeffro9 don't try to put all that on a 47 because it ain't gonna fit you likely should go with 200 yards of 30 lb braid 4 colours of core 200 feet of 30lb braid then 4 more colours of core and a 15 to 20 foot floro leader 20lb, if you are going to run this rod on a planer board or an inline board.

down the chute...iwould just put braid backing, 10 colour core and then desired length of flourocarbon....on erie i use 20lb @ 30feet and on lake O i use 40lb @30 feet....look up snap weights too...sometime i attach them to segmented core to get the lead deeper in tight to the boat...equals less line out and makes the widowmaker not as lethal to dad and fatherinlaw

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks