leadcore lines

jph

do most people use plannerboard or just flatline with leadcore lines

Hi jph most guys will unload all their lead core and then attach the board to the backing ie 5 colors out then clip on board.Logic is the punch pads on the boards could crimp the lead inside the core.Or you could flatline your lead core using different size rods and watching your turns.

I've put the leadcore in the clips on the planner board and have not noticed any damage yet. I'm sure it would if you keep clipping the same spot or set it too tight. However it wasn't that long ago I put new line on everything at the start of every year. This will be my third year on 1 leadcore rig, even though it's now 5 colours and started at 10. Damn tangles.

I have all my lead core pole segmented with mono so I never clip on the lead .It's also nice not to have the weight of the lead core dropping in the water.Works good for me.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks