leadcore beside Dipsy's

I've had good success using dipsey's, but I've never figured out how to reset a leadcore line while running dipsey's on the same side.

How can I be sure that they won't tangle when the leadcore crosses over the dipsey on the way out to the end of the planerboard?

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Mike

Its not usually a problem, even on a 3 setting the dipsi is almost twice as deep,out the same distance as the lead.

Neptune

Do a big wide turn to the side that you are setting. That way, the leadcore will not interfere with the dipsy.

Mike, we just let the leadcore out down the shoot and then bring it up and over the set dipsey rod and clip it on the boards. the trick is to run the lead out a little further then the dipsey. i am sure if you try to send out 4-5 colour and try the same technic you may have an issue.I did have the Mother of all tangles a couple of weeks ago doing this as we had just let the line out and had a hit and just left the leadcore in the holder next to the dipsey.NOT a good idea!! ;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks