Fishing Report Lazy Bird Misses The Bite… Apparently… 🤔

Schmick

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Headed out of Burwell around 11 with high hopes. Drowned a plethora of various colours and shapes in around 55’ for a few hours before hitting a scheiskopf around 2:30, quickly followed by a little gaffer pickerel and a nice size silver. All fish caught on worm harnesses on the riggers with the pic coming on purple. Beauty day out there, though a tad windy earlier (which knocked down around 2) The nets out in front of Burwell were ridiculous. We ran up to 3 at various spots south and west of port. Awful hard to spot direction of them in a chop.

I went 2 for 5 on the bows out of Bruce this morning. 55 FOW and sure enough a commercial boat drops a canned net and ruins our party. First three bows were all on the slider - orange crush. Yes I checked - it had sharp hooks on it! At least they jumped close to the boat for us see them while spitting the lure. Wind direction changed from off north shore to on north shore. 10Knots at 3pm. Choppy but doable. I should have pulled the gear went home.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks