Fishing Report Last of 2023

hvyhaul

Headed up to Georgian Bay for some Rainbow shore fishing recent past.

First trip, three person limit brought home.

1stcold.jpg1sttrip.jpg

Second trip, came home one person limit. Here is one of the two.

2ndtrip.jpg

Final trip, the turd trip, bought hot chocolate on the way home.

Ah well, it is called fishing, not catching.🌻

Alot of fun... I haven't been up there since 2009... :(

That is awesome! Well done. I've seen a video recently about fall surf fishing for rainbows and I know basically nothing about it but now want to try it next year!

That is awesome! Well done. I've seen a video recently about fall surf fishing for rainbows and I know basically nothing about it but now want to try it next year!

This was a first for me @Octavius Brine .

I river fished with waders years ago but never shore/surf fished before.

Was fun but obviously somewhat chilly.

Plans for next year are already in place. LoL 🌻

Are you chucking spoons or bottom fishing roe?

Roe floaters on a slip sinker @Tyler0420 as instructed and tied by my mentors. LoL

Some wore waders to get their bait further out but vast majority were good with standing in the shallows/shore and casting out.

Both are effective.

Our third trip result was likely due to water clarity.

I understand it needs to be clear for the bows to come in, and finding out after a two hour plus drive that the water isn't really clear bites. LoL

Time for a local's phone number. 🌻

And November is my kind of beach weather! I usually prefer to visit Long Point before bass opener, while you can still walk on the sand with bare feet!

congrats Heavy Haul for adding some spice to your fishing

and if you did ever decide to go again,

and making a round to Ainslie Wood Conservation area at Leith thats an old favourite, beach fishing with chunks of fresh rainbow skein suspended with floaters.. we wore waders standing on shore breaking the wind..you need a beach rod holder and a long rod and anchor that rig

Thanks for sharing @hvyhaul . Great photos and brought back some great memories. I just noticed my beach rod holder (rebar and a few clamps on an ABS pipe) in the corner of my garage the other day. It's been years since I have been up there too. Lots of fun and @jammer and I used to fish the beach scene many a cold and windy day. :)

It can be very productive as you now know.
Thanks again for sharing.

John

Last edited:
very good Heavy Haul

there were usually 4 of us to afford the gas
we spent many of days fall fishing Goderich and Port Albert, a fresh run of steelhead moving up was the lots of fun..are dedication and success relied on fishing the night shift for Jordan harbours big bad ass brown trout, the skeins were gold cut into chunks tied then frozen in the white plastic screw on lids from yureks pharmacy...lol

back then it was legal to chum..we used loose salmon...and owen sound was the start of my first chummin can made up quick at watsons tackle house cashiers counter..I still have my first one i made out of a wink popcan, what a great invention..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks