Off Topic Last kick at the cat?

Schmick

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
2 inches of rain in February??? Are you effing kidding me? Do we think this might be it? I was really hoping to get out on the family day weekend with some friends that have never gone before but that might be pie in the sky with the impending weather.

@Red Fisher might want to get the Zamboni warmed up!
steve austin wrestling GIF by WWE

I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet. There is a lot of ice out there and it's surprising how much rain it can take as long as it gets cold again like it's supposed to. I tried to find some pics of an 'ice' fishing trip from about 10 years ago on St Clair but had no luck. At any rate, the quad was up to it's running boards in water and the tow behind hut was floating but we found a high spot and we still did okay! The hole was like a flushing toilet all day long but it made getting your bait down simple!

I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet. There is a lot of ice out there and it's surprising how much rain it can take as long as it gets cold again like it's supposed to. I tried to find some pics of an 'ice' fishing trip from about 10 years ago on St Clair but had no luck. At any rate, the quad was up to it's running boards in water and the tow behind hut was floating but we found a high spot and we still did okay! The hole was like a flushing toilet all day long but it made getting your bait down simple!
I guess it comes down to how the shoreline hold up and what March has in store for us. Crossing fingers for some sustained overnight lows in coming weeks!

2 inches of rain in February??? Are you effing kidding me? Do we think this might be it? I was really hoping to get out on the family day weekend with some friends that have never gone before but that might be pie in the sky with the impending weather.
- 25 THIS MORNING IN KW

So unless it is allot warmer down there ....I think ice should last a few more weeks

We walked out that day , cleats on our boots , it was a few years back , I can’t remember how the fishing was , but I do remember we weren’t the only people out that day

I see on FB that Woodwards are questionable for the weekend after the next few days of warm weather. I have a big decision to make, tap trees or go fishing on Family Day. I hope the ice holds up.

Plenty of time to tap trees! Go fishin!
I see on FB that Woodwards are questionable for the weekend after the next few days of warm weather. I have a big decision to make, tap trees or go fishing on Family Day. I hope the ice holds up.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks