Off Topic Last kick at the can.

Nce to have a dock or boat house but also nice to be able to fish different locations and species. Burwell is nice for some walleye and gets a bit like shootin fish in a barrel after a while lol not that is all bad .

Never having to wait in line to launch is well worth the slip fee.

If you only want to hit one fishery, then a slip may be the right choice for you. I fish as soon as the launch is free of ice in Owen sound and travel around to hit different fisheries until the first day of bow season. I only fish Erie when it’s hot hot. I’ve no interest in grinding there. And there are usually several late November Niagara trips after gun season. I like variety and I’d rather be looking at my boat in the driveway. To each their own!

I did a season of towing my 22ft StarCraft 2hrs each way twice a week then last year I put my trophy in a slip in port Stanley. Fished just as much if not more. Drove my 4 cylinder car back and forth instead of my truck. Hands down it was cheaper and way handier! No screwing around the night before getting everything hooked up out back and leaving an hour earlier to launch and set up. Key in the car, key in the boat, rinse and repeat. Already paid for this years slip. I do however tow it to Huron and Ontario regularly til I put it in Port Stanley for the July long weekend. My credit card thanks me in July cause the 400 dollar gas bills per trip are over for the year! I love my walleye.

I did a season of towing my 22ft StarCraft 2hrs each way twice a week then last year I put my trophy in a slip in port Stanley. Fished just as much if not more. Drove my 4 cylinder car back and forth instead of my truck. Hands down it was cheaper and way handier! No screwing around the night before getting everything hooked up out back and leaving an hour earlier to launch and set up. Key in the car, key in the boat, rinse and repeat. Already paid for this years slip. I do however tow it to Huron and Ontario regularly til I put it in Port Stanley for the July long weekend. My credit card thanks me in July cause the 400 dollar gas bills per trip are over for the year! I love my walleye.
my boat is a 26ft trophy so it’s towable but obviously not ideal.

I feel the pain from all the price increases. I dont fish one port enough to buy a permit or a slip. Towing is never under 23L/100kms plus boat fuel and launch. I drive no less than an hour to the lake. Used to launch out of port bruce exclusively but now that its back to the original north erie launch (not the temporary one) and the docks is closed now, the ramp becomes chaos on weekends. Also found last year i had go go further out on the lake to find fish (out of bruce) so i started spending the fuel in the truck more than the boat and headed to glasgow. Found it much easier to find the fish, but the extra fuel plus increase ramp fee has me pondering what to do this year if i even make it out this season.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks