Lasalle test run

I've seen guys do it with smaller boats and gas engines. They are on the tiller constantly but it can be done! A transom mount electric would definately make your life easier but I believe it will work just fine without after you fine tune your drift a bit. Word to the wise, the river can become pretty ugly if the wind picks up.

Does anyone know of a place where I can launch/overnight at the same place? I have recently purchased a motorhome that easily pulls my boat. I was hoping to drive it down the night before, sleep in it and launch early. Does any know of a marina/campground that offers that service? I would go anywhere from the tip of erie lake st Clair. I wouldn't require full hook ups, as the motorhome has an onboard generator. I'm just looking for more time on th water, I'm about a three hour drive each way. Sorry to hijack this thread. I maybe should have posted a new thread.

I've seen some people do it at the city marina in Windsor do it , also known as lake view marina even a couple of fishing show's like Fishin Canada . but also try some of the private marinas along in Lasalle .

Thanks @Juger. I called the marina, and I would say it's a grey area at best as to whether or not it will work! Lol. There are no services, ie water sewer or hydro, which is fine by me, but the answer was ..... you are intitled to parking when you launch, no specifications on the vehicle that I choose to park/tow my boat with. I may give it a try. I was very clear on the phone that I didn't want to do anything wrong by bringing my motorhome down, and they thought it would be alright. The only real stipulation was, it would not be a good idea on a weekend, which I don't plan on doing anyway. Being a bit a newbie on the river still, I prefer to fish it at less busy times of the week, as it is, as many of you know, at bit of a monster to tame the first few times on it. If I make the trip happen, I'll post the fishing report, and how good or bad of an idea it was. Lol.

Back