Lakers in ontario

suckmywake

I no its early but just want to bring up a discussion lol. Does any one know where to go on lake ontario to catch lake trout? I fished lake ontario bronte 20 years ago and caught them there, but this summer i never heard of anyone pulling any out. So does any one know where they are in lake ontario? Also when would be the best time to fish them ? closer to summer? or spring??

thanks,

when your fishin' on 4 inches of ice, fishins no longer a hobby.

you can catch lakers right now if you go to port dalhousie (along with all other salmonids). You can catch lakers in shallow in the spring at 50 point,right off the pier or trolling with planer boards - if you prefer. Grimsby is also a good bet.Later and all summer go deeper right on bottom with port weller posting stupid amounts of fish.

A buddy and myself took a charter out of Queenston on the Niagara. Drifted the mouth with 5 ft. rods and a simple tube jig. Non stop action with 20 lbs. being the biggest and the rest around 12 to 17 lbs. However it was on boxing day years ago.

Hi all.
I fish the mouth of the Niagara at the end of March. There is a deep hole on the west side and the Niagara bar on the east and north. I watch lots of people jigging the rise up to the bar and doing well catching greasers. I troll cranks through the deep part, about 80 feet and my bait at 40. The bait fish are so thick the graph goes black and the bottom alarm goes off. I will see arches on the graph as I enter the cloud and leave it. Usually all four rods will pop going in or coming out. also wait til bottom comes up before I turn back which has provided for some incidental catches of Walleye, Bass and Perch with the odd salmon to boot.

Something to watch for is a medium to strong NW wind as it creates a standing wave against the current.

Lots of fun.

Cheers, Clark

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks