Lake was hot this evening out from the sandhills!

Joe1984

Fished in front of the sand hills in 58 to 53 feet.
Boated atleast 30+ fish within 2 hours with only 2 rods out.
Dipsy divers #3 setting with 155 and 160 feet out
Blue and silver red fin and green with orange belly
Kept our 4 man limit of 24 and one rainbow

Attachments

• 20170825_193128.jpg
    20170825_193128.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 125
Congrats on a good night. I'm new to the Erie walleye game and what a year to really get started.

Just wondering as I have not got a bow in the boat yet, do dipseys make it harder to get the fish landed. Just to clarify my question, do dipsey cause the hook to be thrown more often?

Congrats on a good night. I'm new to the Erie walleye game and what a year to really get started.

Just wondering as I have not got a bow in the boat yet, do dipseys make it harder to get the fish landed. Just to clarify my question, do dipsey cause the hook to be thrown more often?
I don't loose very many fish on the dipsy's, they are less likely to pull them to surface to jump.
I usually use 20lb power pro braid and always attach a snubber after dipsy so the fish has some play. With the fleas so bad on lake O ...Plus bigger fish ...I switched one rod over too 40 lb trilene big game (fleas don't attach to it) ....its a different technique to get dipsy to release when checking lines ...and have to set tension a little litter than with braid

I don't find it hard to get them in. I prefer using them over my leadcore set up. But I could see it little more difficult in a smaller boat.
Never seemed to have an issue with the hooks being thrown. Asking as you keep tension on the line just like anything else you'll be fine.

The fish were everywhere it seems. Went straight south out of Burwell and started in 58 feet. We caught fish on 7, 8, and 10 color lead, downriggers, flatlines with Gibbs sinkers attached. It seemed that they fish were willing to hit whatever we through in the water, at varying depths. We ended up with a 4 man limit, plus a couple large silver bass, in less than 3 hours, and the lake was beautiful.

fish.JPG

I was out yesterday dragging lines fist time in this boy and 2 guys never done it before . ended up with a dozen eyes one nice bow . headed out of burwell towards sandhills .
got to sand hills went in shallow to try but looks like wrong answer saw you out there Joe 1984 and was going to go by you but though try close then you left and I ended up without perch . next time
was beauty day

I was out yesterday dragging lines fist time in this boy and 2 guys never done it before . ended up with a dozen eyes one nice bow . headed out of burwell towards sandhills .
got to sand hills went in shallow to try but looks like wrong answer saw you out there Joe 1984 and was going to go by you but though try close then you left and I ended up without perch . next time
was beauty day
was beauty day

Did I pass you going out or coming back in? I find where I fish further from Burwell I don't see many boats and it's kinda nice having it not as busy as Burwell.
I had my father inlaw, aunt and my cousin out with me and them being a new to it was the reason why I only had the 2 lines out. Glad I did because I had my hands full between taking fish off, setting lines, and keeping the boat straight.

Na didn't do any of that. I headed out around 5:15pm and back in around 7pm
I think I may next time if I can find them and get out sooner. Kinda alot of work to make the good hour drive there and back for a couple hours of fishing.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks