Fishing Report Lake St. Clair Musky Attempt

Red Gator

Launched from Lighthouse Cove. Started trolling around 7:30 for a few hours. If you count weeds lots of action. Fish not so much. Decided to start casting in the “wall” area. Raised one musky in the 3’ range using a glitter shad Bondy bait. Trolled some more and casted the south shore. Called it quits at 2:30. Not a bad first trip to St. Clair. Beautiful day to be out

Some days can be pretty tough out there but the good days make it all worth while. I'm thinking about a musky trip this week if things work out, maybe fishing will improve.

My oldest son was my partner and he was super excited to see the fish. I'm pretty sure he will jump at the chance to go again.

Launched from Lighthouse Cove. Started trolling around 7:30 for a few hours. If you count weeds lots of action. Fish not so much. Decided to start casting in the “wall” area. Raised one musky in the 3’ range using a glitter shad Bondy bait. Trolled some more and casted the south shore. Called it quits at 2:30. Not a bad first trip to St. Clair. Beautiful day to be out
Troll with a few ounce or more weight or large barbless treble hook followed by a 4ft leader will help with weeds until you make or buy some weed guards.

the heart kicks a little faster after you raise one!

it can be a weird lake to fish in or get used to as it’s not like any traditional musky lake. Our first year try St.Clair started out learning for sure. The biggest thing that helped us there was when we really sped up the retrieve on all the lures.

Burning in the blades and rubber baits was the BIGGEST improvement by far for the summer fishing.

Some days can be pretty tough out there but the good days make it all worth while. I'm thinking about a musky trip this week if things work out, maybe fishing will improve.
Ill be down there all week everyday, look for a 21 Starcraft gray/black CC with a black T top. Tell me what Im doing wrong lol.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks