Lake St. Clair forums ?

jamieharrower24

Anybody know if there are forums like Stomps focused more on LSC ? The reports on here are great but infrequent. Wondered if there is something out there with more frequent reports on conditions etc.
(y)

There is Skunked.ca (not a very active site) as well as Bass Haven the Swamp. That's the only 2 I know of

Another great site is michigan-sportsman.com

The Swamp has been running since 2004 and currently has 8747 members. The site Administrator Dennis Shaw (owned Bass Haven) but sadly passed away. The family shut the site down for 6 or 8 weeks and when they re-opened it, it had a new look. Glad to be a member.

The Swamp has been running since 2004 and currently has 8747 members. The site Administrator Dennis Shaw (owned Bass Haven) but sadly passed away. The family shut the site down for 6 or 8 weeks and when they re-opened it, it had a new look. Glad to be a member.
I had no idea there were that many members on that forum...wow. I know lots of people were hoping they would get the forum back up and are glad they did especially with the improvements.

I'm a member on skunked. It's a very quiet forum, especially for musky these days.
The fall fishing down there has blown up so much and a lot of guys are afraid to post online because it just draws more and more attention to it.

Yup, I was at the “pier” 4 years ago and the CBC showed up to do a story on “musky” and how they are brining in money for the local restaurants, guides, hotels etc etc..

The girl from the CBC is she could interview me and my 2 pals and we both said “nooooo”. Camera running on my sexy face, I’m fishing and supposed to be at work in Toronto? Noooo thanks..

One younger dude who will remain nameless (Cody) agreed to the interview and he spilled the beans on how easy, how fun, how accessible the pier is and NAMED the EXACT spot!!!

Needless to say, the locals also fishing there overheard this and “Cody” was just a few minutes away from needing gills himself. He was not popular their afterwards

That’s too funny! I wouldn’t want to be Cody or your boss ready this post😂😂!
Theres lots of info on Musky fishing Lake St. Clair on the web and the spots are well known. It can be a grind at times and maximum effort is required these days to get into numbers and size. I’m a novice, went on a couple charters to learn the ropes, get skunked as many times as I get fish!
I say do your research and have at it, it’s not a cheap sport. Check the Facebook pages of the charters for some info and post away, here is a good a spot to post as anywhere! I’ve been out 3 times this year 3 for 5 one day, 2 skunks and it’s a 2 hour drive for me!
PM me if you want details😂😂😂!

I just cast… trolling for musky is lame. I fish from boat, nothing but casting. The “fingers”, the “trash can”, the “bowl”, the “wall”…. I gots my spots.

Your spots sound like everybody's spots hahahaha, but just a tip to anybody fishing St Clair if you hook-up weather casting or trolling mark a way point right away and continue to fish that spot. It's funny because St Clair is like big pond with little structure but the Musky will for some reason be around certain way points. It's not unusual to pick up multiple fish off the same way point on any given day.

I enjoy trolling and don't cast at all so I guess I'm lame too. Funny thing though, I don't feel the need to call the casters names (at least in public) but we do ridicule them amongst ourselves when we troll by and hook a fish 50 feet from where they were chucking 1 lb baits for the last 4 hours :)

Last edited:
I too am a big fan of trolling, especially on big bodies of water where half the game is finding the fish on any given day. 🤷🏻‍♂️ That's just referring to walleye and rainbow (which still sometimes proves challenging for me, despite the constant limiting out many here seem to achieve regularly 🙇 ); never mind the ever-elusive musky🔎. If I do go out for some of those big fellas, it will probably be with a charter 🛥 or with a generous seasoned veteran 👴🏼 to show me the ropes. It looks like an expensive proposition 💵 🤑 💵to play "trial and error" with. In the mean time, hats off 🎩 to those having success getting them - no matter how you do it. This could turn into a real Ford vs Chevy / walleye vs pickerel kind of thing here 🤦🏼‍♂️ between the casters and the trollers or "tossers vs draggers" if you prefer. I am not heading down that 🐰🕳 myself!

I do enjoy trolling at times myself but there's nothing that beats the rush of muskie grabbing a bait away from the boat or especially boat side on a figure 8. Nothing compares to a 59" plus completely folding itself in half to engulf a bait boat side then going absolutely nuts once it feels tension. I've got a few small spots that are amazing at certain times of years when the water reaches a certain temperature that I will only mention if someone finds them themselves just as I had to do when a really good friend wouldn't put me on it. Once I found the spot and had 27 muskie follow and boated 19 I called him and he finally told me I found it when I described the area. We met later that day at the spot boated 23 between the 2 of us and and I lost count on follows. Was unreal and the spot remains the same year after year when it hits that water temp.

The proverbial "Eldarado" of myth and legend. Good on you for figuring it out👍. I don't think I have the right tackle or even the right boat to take on a five-footer that is hell-bent on escape😦 - I can't see trying to exert the leverage required while sitting down in the tinnie. For now I will watch the posts 👨🏼‍💻, look at the pics 🦈 and chase lesser beasts 🐟 when the weather allows 🌊 . I plan on keeping my boat in "ready, set, launch" mode until just before the freeze. Until then, tight lines and good luck to all those chasing the big boys.🦈

The proverbial "Eldarado" of myth and legend. Good on you for figuring it out👍. I don't think I have the right tackle or even the right boat to take on a five-footer that is hell-bent on escape😦 - I can't see trying to exert the leverage required while sitting down in the tinnie. For now I will watch the posts 👨🏼‍💻, look at the pics 🦈 and chase lesser beasts 🐟 when the weather allows 🌊 . I plan on keeping my boat in "ready, set, launch" mode until just before the freeze. Until then, tight lines and good luck to all those chasing the big boys.🦈
Don't forget about the duo trips jigging eyes at first light up the Thames then shooting down to the mouth or the lake for muskie afterwards. This is a yearly ritual for me from October up until the ramps freeze up on the Thames. Can make for some great mornings jigging eyes once you get on them

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks