Lake Simcoe

SonsOfPerchin

Hi everyone. Heading to Simcoe Saturday but have only fished Cooks Bay. Just curious if anyone would be willing to pass on some knowledge of Simcoe that has less dinky perch and is walking distance. Any info is greatly appreciated

Check out Simco fishing web site for more info
I been out twice with poor results but other people getting them

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200206-183656_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200206-183656_Samsung Internet.jpg
    489.2 KB · Views: 23
I was 1.1km out of gilford a few weeks ago, fishing was pretty good never moved all day. From what I seen the fish are bigger, I gave up on gilford the last two years because of all the dinks but this season has been different.

The trick to consistent Simcoe jumbos is mobility. Nowhere can you just park it and catch them all day. Although in many areas you can sit and weed through tons of little ones until you get a meal of decent sized perch.

I've had some really good days on McCrea shoal around this time of year. I like the varying depths within such a small area. Off the southern tip in 25 fow near weeds was productive last time I was there. Tiny bug style plastics from northland on a small jig head was the key that day. Short walk, 20 mins or so. Here the catch.... I think the parking was at the end of Concession 5.. the hill you have to go down and then back up will make up for the short walk. Bring a long rope and a friend if you dare try it, lol Ben

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200207-000615_Boating HD.jpg
    Screenshot_20200207-000615_Boating HD.jpg
    457.7 KB · Views: 35
Was out of port bolster last friday we got 3 herring and a bunch of dinks. We where in 26 feet of water. I have come to the conclusion after watching on the fish cam that the perch are totally brain dead. They would rush in go to a dead stop then head butt the minnow ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks