Fishing Report Lake Ontario

Puddle Jumper

Been working evenings , so couldn't get out early, but decided to give lake O a try today anyway, knowing not prime time.

Launched @ the shipyard in Oakville around 11:30 am and fished until 4 pm

Setup in 110fow ...marked a few....used flasher/fly, flasher/herring rig, body bait and a flasher /spoon. kept changing depths , spoons, colours . Started too look like another Skunk !!!! but kept changing colours, almost Imediately after changing 2 setups too Virgin spoons (never used before) without any flashers, both got hit. NK orange monkey puke and NK black/white
First fish was about 8lb salmon other folded the rigger rod over , struggled to get rod out of holder , drag was too tight , buy time I got rod out and tried to loosen drag fish was gone, straightened the hook. (never seen a fish hit like that) thought the rod was gonna break??? we reset the rods , circled back thru the spot and picked up a 2 lb salmon on the orange monkey puke

Wind started to pick , and friend had to be home by Dinner so we packed it in.

couple exits east of Bronte.....off lakeshore blvd in Oakville
only 2nd time going there.....but bronte is still closed do to high water

Good to hear the skunk is out of the boat puddle jumper.
Yes it was nice to "Kill the Skunk" I wasn't expecting much with only fishing mid-day, but as soon as the clouds rolled in the fish turned on, and stopped when they cleared.

We marked some massive Bait-Balls going from 30-65' down in 120fow the down riggers and rods started pulsing and shaking as we went thru them.

Hi Puddle jumper check out on spoonpullers on northern shore reports the short video of bait ball gives you a idea what going through a school of bait really looks like.The guy used a waterwolf camera.

Hi Puddle jumper check out on spoonpullers on northern shore reports the short video of bait ball gives you a idea what going through a school of bait really looks like.The guy used a waterwolf camera.
that was an interesting video, thanks for telling me about it

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks