Lake Ontario Saturday and Sunday Bowerama

Double D

Hit Port Credit both days this weekend and the action was non stop. Tally for the week was over 40 bows and 16 Salmon. Fished 8 miles out in 240 -320' of water. Many double headers and triple headers over the weekend. you need two nets at this place.IMG-20140928-00997.jpg IMG-20140928-00998.jpg I tried to attach a few photos from Sunday not sure if they will show up or not. First time trying to upload

@Double D
Very Nice!!! I was at Bronte on Friday and PC on Sunday...had the same action in the same water as you. Do you think that action will continue there? I was by myself and had an almost double header at one point...Bow spit the hook out and as he did that my other rod went off. I went home with 2 bows and 3 salmon, also released a few bows. Great action. Any spoon seemed to work.

Gents mind if I ask what you were running, how deep and if speed was a major factor......was out of bronte sunday in 240-250 and caught 4 rainbow and 1 salmon but that was it for hits (5 for 5). Saw tons of stuff on the sounder and was frustrated we didn't boat a whole bunch more. We were running dipsey's and lead core between 35 and 50' down at 2 -2.2mph.

I was on riggers with spoons down 25-75 over 240-300 fow. 2.5mph-3.2mph approx. Also had fish on cheater hooks.

I was the same as Mitch for riggers. took the salmon setting 3 175-185 back. i ran from 2,6 - 3.7 @ the ball. Majority of bows on sliders. i find when you get the bows on the sliders much easier to release not as banged up by hooks, very aggressive fish. the spot Mitch999 were in the fish were actually feeding at the surface about 11am. Big hatch of flies off Sunday

Thanks a bunch. I've not spent much time on Ontario before. Figured I might be
running a bit too slow...did speed it up a few times but not for long enough. Looks like I might have to invest in some riggers if I want to do more of this.....gets a bit hard to run dipseys big enough to drop 50-60 and then keep 3mph up without the rods almost exploding.

I have dipsy's also but I like the feel of just me and the fish when using the downrigger...no dipsy to pull in. Sometimes though if riggers aren't producing I will try my dipsy or lead core. I think sometimes the cannonball has a negative effect on the fish.

i think a lot of my success was from using the chrome sharks. i was actually seeing fish go right at the cannonball reduced my lead and double my production. i have many sharks but the copper ball and chrome did all the damage. i work for a chrome plating facility and we plated some sharks. i believe i am the only one with copper plated sharks

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks