Lake Ontario launch

TMAN

I haven’t tried Lake O yet. Where would be the closest and easiest access launch that could provide the possibility of success to London?

If it was me, I would head out to about 80fow and head deeper watching the finder to see what depth the fish are....

I haven’t tried Lake O yet. Where would be the closest and easiest access launch that could provide the possibility of success to London?
Àny where on North shore is doing well rite now.
I have mostly gone out of Oakville.....both Bronte and Oakville Yaht Club (shipyard marina or 16 Mile creek) 20 $ launch and parking pay by credit card at kiosk

MYSTRO Laker and I might try Lake shore promenade in Mississauga on Sunday

You could also go out of Burlington ...ive never tried there

In past high water years ....ive found that the bait and fish are out front of the river and creeks ....the bait are attracted to all the nutrients coming out.

Like previously suggested start straight out in 80 ' and troll out to 120 if you marked fish or bait at certain depth focused on it.

I've had days were all I did was troll north -south in 85-110 straight out from 16 Mile and had double digit days other days I troll no more than a mile east - West at whàt ever depth fish r in

Come mid morning shallow bite may slow then may be head out to 220 -250 fow

Mystro Laker and I are going Sunday...not sure yet on Bronte or Promenade
Heard Bronte doing well ...but forecast looks good for hitting Toronto island and new area ???
I heard MEAT was go to bait a week ago
But heard spoons have been doing well this week
If you going Sunday..maybe we can share info on the water

Hamilton harbor but it's a long run to deep water next Bronte harbor next Oakville shipyard park that's where I normally go out from $20 for parking and launch machine only takes credit card
Not sure if credit river launch is open
Next is Promanade free launch but super busy coming in or if you go out late
If you go from Oakville head east I would start in 80' and if you get into them stick around that aria if not go out to 140' than 240' last two times out we been getting fish 26'-60' down water temps were 56 to 62 9n surfuce pretty cold hoping it worms up by Sunday and for Monday
Tomorrow I'm heading to Erie
Good luck

Water temps are the key in my opinion
We had not marked much out past 160'
Due to not having a defined thermocline the fish is scattered but they are feeding 1 coho I kept had a 6" bait fish in its belly and another half digested one
Some says salmon hates sunlight but we got the as shallow below the surface as 26 '

Herd is temperature map ,looks like its warming up

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190802-185347_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190802-185347_Samsung Internet.jpg
    542.7 KB · Views: 16
Water temp is everything for Salmon. Not 100% sure what the temp you need to look for. A charter buddy told me u may mark a ton but if they aren't in the thermal zone your wasting your time.
I'm sure google wont make things hard to find out

Last few days ppl i know did well 25 30 ft deep over 180 230 fow from promenadeusing sloons and spindoctors flies. Hope it helps.

Thanks for all the great responses. Gonna give it a try next week. Weather permitting of course

Mystro Laker and I are going Sunday...not sure yet on Bronte or Promenade
Heard Bronte doing well ...but forecast looks good for hitting Toronto island and new area ???
I heard MEAT was go to bait a week ago
But heard spoons have been doing well this week
If you going Sunday..maybe we can share info on the water

Thanks that would have been great. At a cottage for the weekend. How did you guys make out?

Hi Tman...puddle jumper and I pounded the water out of promenade coming west toward Oakville Sunday.
4 hits and nothing to show....any activity was between 120 and 150.
I know guys out bronte way were doing better and I suspect we just had one of those days.
pJ lost a smoker that straightened a hook and 3 of 4 came on meat rigs.....didn’t see enough action to offer a pettern but I have fished Oakville east and west this year with a lot of fish in herring and green white or green silver and orange/black with glow

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks