Lake Ont with Icefisherman

B

Big Dave

I was invited to fish Lake Ontario today with Icefisherman.

I arrived at the launch at 5am and Emil already had the boat in the water running. After a brief intro we headed out.

Emil settled in and dropped the riggers and 2 dipsys. We weren't 5 min to our first fish. A mid teen chinook hit the net. By 7am we had landed 13 of 16 hits with the biggest Chinook in the low 20's. Fished till noon and ended with an impressive total of 25 for 30.

Chinook, Coho and Rainbows hit the net ranging from shakers to the low 20's.

Awesome trip with good company. I look forward to Emil and his kids for a day of perch on my boat. I hope we can land 24 fish[:I]

Now I want to get my boat to Lake Ont:D

Thanks Emil.

BD

Big Daves Fishing Charter
519 777 0146

What can I say....lots of fun, love meeting people from this board in person...Big Dave knew his stuff hence much better landing ration today with about the same total hooked fish as from 5 days ago...Can't wait to go on his boat after some Erie perch...I know my boys will love it...and Dave any time you want to come this way...just give me a call...plenty more salmon for you to catch ha ha ha...and they'll get bigger too ;-)) rest your arm...;-)
:D8D

Few shots from today for your viewing pleasure:

WP_000229.jpg

WP_000227.jpg

WP_000230.jpg

WP_000226.jpg

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Way to go guys! Pretty impressive for sure. A good thing you were restricted to 4 rods Emil.

quote:
Originally posted by PickerelPirate

I am thinking of running out of port dalhousie wednesday how is the lake with SW winds?

PD will be good with SW winds...it all depends how strong of course but SW winds when fishing from the South shore shouldn't be too bad.

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Good stuff guy's. Dave do those low 20# chinooks fight as hard as an Erie jumbo dubbleheader??????

Brian (Legend Man)

I have to admit, those fish kick butt, however they dont stand a chance on the tabke to a Jumbo Perch.:)

BD

Big Daves Fishing Charter
519 777 0146

Hi guys,

Would you share some more info re. this trip...Where did you launch, how far out, how deep ...Thanks a bunch

Little Walleye

Little Walleye

quote:
Originally posted by Little Walleye

Hi guys,

Would you share some more info re. this trip...Where did you launch, how far out, how deep ...Thanks a bunch

Little Walleye

Little Walleye

LW,

Launched at Oakville, best depth was around 150 fow but we got fish all the way out to 260 fow. Bigger fish hit first thing in the morning...45-65 feet down....spoons and flies all worked, riggers and dipsy all worked...green/black, purple/black, watermelon for spoons and green and blue flies.
This should give you enough to start...watch your fishfinder and don't be afraid to experiment.

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks