Lake O

grizzreaper

Going to take my grandson's out on the lake tomorrow and was hoping to nail some nooks or bows. not sure where to hit. Bronte to Port Credit or Grimsby to Jordan Harbour. What seems to be working and at what depths. Looking for some info to help out the boys. Thanks for any and all info.

Hi grizzreaper Due to high water some launches are closed ie bronte and port credit .Call first.Try spoons off riggers in 80fow and keep heading out deeper.Fishermans pier is open.

I was out today. I launched at fishermans pier we ended up with 4 for 7 .. the salmon were up high, a lot surfacing 20 - 50 ft for the salmon in 120-140 ft of water. Got a couple of lakers at 115' in 124 fow..

I was out today. I launched at fishermans pier we ended up with 4 for 7 .. the salmon were up high, a lot surfacing 20 - 50 ft for the salmon in 120-140 ft of water. Got a couple of lakers at 115' in 124 fow..
nice catch guys , but just a word of advice you should check the guide to eating fish out of lake ontario ,for example your lake trout , you can only have 1 that is 12 inchs or less in a month anything over that you should not eat .

Lol I read a study last summer that proved the fish out of Lake Ontario were cleaner then the fish at your local zehrs market. Less contaminants, as well as bacteria. I'll try to dig it up and post it.

nice catch guys , but just a word of advice you should check the guide to eating fish out of lake ontario ,for example your lake trout , you can only have 1 that is 12 inchs or less in a month anything over that you should not eat .
I personally will not eat fish from Lake Ontario.. but I know a lot of people that will . If I wanna eat salmon and lakers I go to Georgian bay !! ;)

nobody gives a ship about the guide....lol

it will make you sick just readin it...

but if your concerned ..erie is just as bad...rainbows rnfg

Last edited:
Back