Lake O. report Sep. 14 AM

icefisherman

Decided to try the West end of Lake O. this morning....fish cooperated...22/31 most bows with some kings and couple cohos....mostly spoon bite....some flies bite first thing in the morning but it stopped an hour later....bright shiny spoons did best...on top the pink panties and hog wild....130-240 fow, 20-40 feet down...had to search for warmer water ....90% of the hits on riggers many on cheater....only few on the dipsies.
Hooked into someone broken 8 colors leadcore line and brought it in with a nice spoon at the end of it....tried the spoon on my rigger rod and bam huge bow came to say hi ha ha
busy time for sure so no much time for pictures but here are couple.,...
20130914_122445_resized_zps3bceaa9f.jpg

20130914_132622_resized_zps839f28e2.jpg

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

WTG Emil. I am glad the cold front didn't shut you down....

Did you have a crew this morning?

BD

A fried came alone but would have been a room for you too Dave...you told me to forget calling you on weekends though ;)

Didn't even stop by the pack of boats fishing for those half dead kings in 30 fow in front of the river....all the ones we got were wayyy deeper and all silver clean fish...bows and 3 year old kings and some cohos....

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Thanks Emil.

My season is coming to an end. I am fishing 3 more weeks then putting the boat away, Hunting season on its way:D

I don't get many weekends but this one I didn't fish.

Out Monday though.

Keep up the reports we all enjoy reading them.

BD

We were out of Credit today. Not a great day but had 2 bows and a small kong for the smoker. We didn't venture out so far , stayed in 150 ft and fished dipsies and riggers. Lymans on the riggers to start and had a few knock offs. Switched to spoons all around after the first hour. Green and yellow and blue and yellow did okay and green and black.

"Hooked into someone broken 8 colors leadcore line and brought it in with a nice spoon at the end of it....tried the spoon on my rigger rod and bam huge bow came to say hi ha ha "

Man what a bonus, slap on a free spoon and bam fish on!!!! Sorry for the poor guy that lost that line though. That line could have easily ended up around someone's prop. Probably skrimmy's even if he wasn't fishing Ontario. I hope he is having better luck out west.

Great day for you, also thanks for taking pics of the spoons. I think we all know what a great fish looks like but thankfully your reports always show the hardware that works of memory serves me, thanks again @icefisherman.

Something to think about re leadcore. I lost a very nice reef runner and 50 yards of flouro when the factory tied knot came apart on my first fish on that rig at Bruce last month. Learned a good lesson.

hey icefisherman i am heading out tuesday from the lift bridge how far away is 150 ft to 240 ft of water any help would would be great and also is it true that the limit with a sport licence is 2 rainbows???

Hi Emil, I missed seeing your post yesterday but obviously you resolved the issues from your previous trip. Happy to hear the riggers and pink panties did something. That combo was hot when we fished in 2012 but the dipsy/fly combo seemed to take over in 2013, up to September 14th.

Johnny,

haven't launched from that location but on lake O. it is never too far to 150 fow...I'd say 10-15 min drive at the most and you'll be there.
And yes last year they changes the bows limit to 2 for sport licens

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks