Lake O boat launch

Bentrod

Hey guys, I see Bronte is still closed. Coming from London, what is the next best option to launch? Looking at trying on Saturday. Thanks

Great, thanks. I usually go once a year and I had good luck last 3 years. Will post results.

Oakville yaht club or shipyard marina is only 3 exits past bronte. take Dorval rd. to lake shore turn left....then turn right at the barricade for bridge out. Forsthye st ???? then left down the hill.
get there early or you will have to park further away, and walk back to launch

Canada day we left from 50 point conservation area, south of fishermens pier, very good facilities there, store, restaurant washrooms etc.
a little on the expense side though $25.00

I think that the lift bridge will be closed this weekend so if you are coming from London take the Lincoln Alexander to the Red Hill to QEW Toronto bound. Exit onto Eastport just before the Skyway and go right at the end of the ramp. The entrance to Fishermans is on the left, just before the lift bridge.

Usually go to Bronte to...However, went to Lake Front Promenade last week and WOW!!! It is FREE, lots of parking and close to Toronto Island one way and Oakville the other!!!

403 to Bronte road. go down to lake shore turn left and go all the way to 16 mile creek. you cant miss it the road is closed they are rebuilding the bridge. the ramp is free but I believe you have to pay to park. when you go as far as you can at the light turn right. Ill be there around 4.30

Live report. Thanks for all suggestions! Great people here.
Went to Fisherman's pier. Launched at 6.30, have 8 in the boat. 2 small, 4 medium and 2 big ones. No scale on the boat :). Great morning. Will pack now and go to LP to cast for bass for a few hours.

Launch recommendations helped me as well...launched at fishermans around 10.30 with my daughter...a nice launch with lots of parking. Went 5 for 6....released 2 of the small cand had 3 nice ones 20170715_122042.jpg for the table....best action was 130 fow and down 60 or 180 on # 1 dipsey

Ended up with nine and lost 4. 50' down in 170' - 220' foe straight out of Fisherman's Pier. Biggest one was 18lbs - biggest fish I ever caught not on a charter. Both riggers and leadcore worked, using orange and white spoons recommended by the boys at Angling Outfitters. Great day.

Attachments

• IMG_0253.JPG
    IMG_0253.JPG
    415.2 KB · Views: 17
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks