Lake O - 05/06/2013

Jwalsh

Launched out of 50 Pt marina for the first trip to Lake O of 2013. Headed NE and dropped lines around 60 FOW. Picked up a 5lb King within 20mins around 80 FOW on a wonderbread dipsey and KO green/blue spoon. Marked some huge bait balls in this area too, but we kept trolling in the same direction out to about 110'. Didn't pick anything else up so made a big turn and went back to the area we were marking the bait. Got a couple hits and lost one near the boat, then finally, got a 4lb Coho boated on the same set up, wonder bread and KO spoon. Then the riggers starting firing, but couldn't get them to stick. Then the black dipsey and NK monkey puke fired, and after a solid fight, lost another silver at the boat! Put that rod back down and within 5 mins, had another hooked up, This one put up a good fight and I landed a 7lb Rainbow to finish up the evening. Went 3-6 and about 3-4 hits as well. Great evening, heading back once the wind dies down for round two!

chinook.jpgcoho.jpgrainbow.jpg

Sounds like it is heating up. Cant wait for my yearly trip with Icefisherman:)

BD

Its been slow this year on Lake O...that would be categorized as a successful trip for a lot of people this year. Contemplating Lake O or Erie for this weekend.

No cred for Buckster on the lure selection ?!? Lol.....for some reason that type of weather we had Tuesday always makes me feel ill at work. Good thing we decided to duck out early, I was feeling much better after a couple of fish in the boat. JWalsh you forgot to mention why the 7lb bow fought so hard, think he has some assistance from the malfunctioning dipsey, just a little tight lol hahaha.

Great day for sure! Hopefully we can give er a whirl again tomorrow night.

No cred for Buckster on the lure selection ?!? Lol.....for some reason that type of weather we had Tuesday always makes me feel ill at work. Good thing we decided to duck out early, I was feeling much better after a couple of fish in the boat. JWalsh you forgot to mention why the 7lb bow fought so hard, think he has some assistance from the malfunctioning dipsey, just a little tight lol hahaha.

Great day for sure! Hopefully we can give er a whirl again tomorrow night.

Hahaha I was under the impression your involvement was supposed to be on the DL due to a certain someone thinking you were "working late" lol

I prefer to fight the smaller ones like that, helps me train for those 20lb + Kings later on :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks