lake nossbonsing

RKS

going up last week of july any help would be good .

There are still fish there to be had but there has been an awful lot of fishing pressure summer and winter since the limits and slot sizes on Nipissing were changed. Trolling worm harnesses on bottom bouncers is always a good bet along the South shore East of the Narrows and around the steep dropoffs at the points. My best colours were always dark red beads with hammered bronze or copper blades. trolled at 1.4 - 1.6 mph. Fish shallower in the morning and move deeper as the sun comes up.

Last edited:
If the locals there are willing to give you "real" information and not send you on a wild goose chase you have done well. We have a few locals here that get a big kick by sending people in the wrong direction, funny guys. Tackle shops are a good place to start. Good luck.

Just got back on Saturday from Nosbonsing. Bass were tough to get, except for one day, walleye are virtually non existent this time of year and speaking to people who have frequented the lake walleye are very difficult to get anymore. Managed to get one last year but fell into the slot limit. Instead focused on pike this year which seemed to be better fishing. Plastics, spinners and spoons seemed to work best around the weed beds.

astorville bay and Mcconnell point

evening fishing the best in July
watch for the "just below the surface " rocks around the island in astorville bay ,very hard on the prop !
there is a hole in there that can be productive ,good luck

Muskie are near the sunken island in the main lake. When we went it was earlier in July but there was a pretty good bass bite in Railway Bay. You can usually find pike, but nothing of any huge size

That is one hard lake to fish, wifey and I have stayed up there for the passed 2 years in early Sept ,
this will be our last , we found someplace else for next year.
Catching 1 fish a day is not my idea of a fishing holiday.
Hope you have better luck.

A good depthfinder and look for suspended fish in the bay which Cosy Camp, Big Moose & Birch Hill Camp are on.
A thermocline sets up in this bay and the fish relate to it.

Well my cousin lives in Astorville and my uncle is just down the road near Trout Lake. Neither of them put their boats in Nossbonsing...sloooow fishing.

i like all the reports about no fish on this lake , lol.
all aside enjoy your week on the lake

Last edited:
The lake receives high pressure but is still a good fishery. It's a weed factory for sure. There are huge largemouth that go untouched in all the bays. Muskies and rare but do reach decent size. Fished there for 2 days last June. One 40 in muskie and 2 bucket mouths over 4 lbs in same morning. I'd call that a good fishery!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks