lake nippissing

hunter

went up fishing for 4 days fishing was great however the slot size is
Disgusting
we caught 25 pickerel and only one was legal anything under 18.1 inches is not legal
and the indians are commercial fishing the pickerel by the tons what is wrong with our government this is the last time i go north you spend 1200 dollars for the cottage and boat launch and can only keep one f--king fish

went up fishing for 4 days fishing was great however the slot size is
Disgusting
we caught 25 pickerel and only one was legal anything under 18.1 inches is not legal
and the indians are commercial fishing the pickerel by the tons what is wrong with our government this is the last time i go north you spend 1200 dollars for the cottage and boat launch and can only keep one f--king fish

Some interesting reading

http://www.nugget.ca/2015/08/18/new-chief-pulls-plug-on-walleye-nets

Calender bay is primarily a spawning spot for walleye. They use Wasi river as a major spawning grounds. The left over walleye there when the season opens are small males hence the high numbers of small fish. If you want the walleye at that time you have to get out of Calender bay. It's a good spot for smallmouth and pike but walleye have moved out. The mouth of the French will produce less but the walleye will be much bigger. Not uncommon to see 8 9 10 pound plus fish from there. It's a well known the fact the walleye fishing in nippising has collapsed in recent years while the bass and Muskie fishing has never been better .

i am conversing with the sudbury ministry at this present time i don't know if it will help but anything is better than sitting idle

“By taking action on our own fishery it gives us more leverage and influence."
It is great that the Chief is making a stand, but did anyone else have a shiver run down their backs when they read this Quote?

i am conversing with the sudbury ministry at this present time i don't know if it will help but anything is better than sitting idle

The Lake Nipissing Stakeholders Association has been actively working this for years and are a strong and recognized voice on the issues facing sportfisherman and camp owners. They also did all the walleye stocking at no cost to the taxpayers for years until the OMNR tied them up in red tape this year so they couldn't continue. They are always looking for members.

the natives waste a lot of fish I know bin there to monitor its a shame the thames is the same truckloads wasted

Back