Lake Erie Walleye Hatch

I’m a bit confused. They say it’s another good year but the numbers in the trawl compared to previous years looks to be less then half.

Link to graph

Good news- lots of fish and different year classes are going to find trophy hunters looking hard to find big fish. Getting limits will be easy but winning tournaments will be challenging

Good news- lots of fish and different year classes are going to find trophy hunters looking hard to find big fish. Getting limits will be easy but winning tournaments will be challenging
How old before they are 10+ lbs 30” + ?

So likely not a whole lot of them in the lake compared to how many 1-6lbers
Fine by me! Lots of young, stupid and delicious fish 😁 My kids don't care if they're small, but they get awfully bored getting skunked.

Thanks for posting that interesting report!

Fine by me! Lots of young, stupid and delicious fish 😁 My kids don't care if they're small, but they get awfully bored getting skunked.

Thanks for posting that interesting report!
Oh I’m not complaining. My favourite eaters are the 4-6lbers
I just love reeling in an old boot, and I’ve yet to catch my 10+ lber
So was just thinking of the odds hahah

Based on this growth chart from ohio's dnr. Looks like a 30"+ would be 15yrs +. Also looks like that big hatch in 2015 should be yielding 24" fish this upcoming season.

Attachments

• Walleye Age by Length.pdf
    11.5 KB · Views: 21
I like to go after the large walleye when I get bored of limits of the regulars. I just think that this data is representing a major future challenge. Hey can’t complain right the future looks amazing!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks