Lake Erie is an ice bucket.

Rock

That graph of Erie is impressive. The average vs this year. Correct me if I'm wrong but isnt this good for Piceyes spawning?

I used Piceyes because some people find walleyes offensive and some find pickerel offensive. While we all agreed they are delicious.

delicious they are whatever the hell you call them, whenever this comes up it’s the true thermostat of the winter net. Just go fishing ffs lol.

delicious they are whatever the hell you call them, whenever this comes up it’s the true thermostat of the winter net. Just go fishing ffs lol.

Awesome! Covid numbers are depressing. Walleye numbers are AMAZING. Chill all you want mother Erie.

Lets call them trout. I mean it's just as accurate as pickerel. Why not tuna?

In the 705 they are pickerel... everywhere else they are walleye. If you are from the states its Waaalll-eye.

I was born a walleye, but I identify as a pickerel lol

If I was born a walleye or a pickerel then I'd identify as a sheephead. Then I'd have a better chance of seeing the lake again after being caught. But knowing my luck that fishermen would club me over the head and then throw me back into the lake. Then a seagull is pecking out my eyeball.

Kinda sounds like that song Loser by Beck.

I identify all 10lb sheepshead as possible wall hanger walleye especially if using 10 colour lead. The disappointment is real and ongoing.

It’s “walleye” and in the name of diversity and inclusion I m going force you to agree with me. If you refuse, a label will be applied. If you continue not to adhere to my uniform perception of fish identification, you will be excluded.
❄❄❄🤣🤣🤣

Lets call them trout. I mean it's just as accurate as pickerel. Why not tuna?

Except... you know... they used to be listed as yellow pickerel in the Ontario fishing regulations. Just because you want to call them walleye doesn’t mean they where never actually called pickerel in Ontario at one time. I don’t care what people call them, but fact remains that the word walleye is just an Americanization that’s been adopted here. You can’t erase the past, as hard as people try these days. Pickerel, walleye, same fish. I’ve never kicked anyone out of my boat for calling them either name!

Lets call them trout.
BLASPHEMY!!!!! Hell No!!!! Never!!!! Them dish rags are not now, nor ever will be!!!!!! A fish with an adipose fin is a majestic creature! An adversary of epic proportions! Those yellow oversized perch are great eating but, NOT!!!!! :)

It’s “walleye” and in the name of diversity and inclusion I m going force you to agree with me. If you refuse, a label will be applied. If you continue not to adhere to my uniform perception of fish identification, you will be excluded.

So says Locutus of Borg. :oops: ;)

@stomp is there a user flair that can be applied to people who fish for "pickerel"? Can it link to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickerel ?

This dispute happens at least 4 times a year. I have to contribute something.
Pickerel, pickerel, pickerel

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks