Lake erie depth change

merc_man

When out trolling yesterday in 70 FOW i was watching the fishfinder as usual and it jumped from 70 to almost 40 instantly. Any idea what that may have been. Big rock wall out ther or ship or something.
Was out of gkascow to the west a bit. Would like to try and find that again with the gps. Wish i had of marked it but had to raise the riggers a bit for fear of snagging.

Often times fishfinders get fooled into thinking the thermocline is the bottom. You need to watch the sonar output to know for sure.

When out trolling yesterday in 70 FOW i was watching the fishfinder as usual and it jumped from 70 to almost 40 instantly. Any idea what that may have been. Big rock wall out ther or ship or something.
Was out of gkascow to the west a bit. Would like to try and find that again with the gps. Wish i had of marked it but had to raise the riggers a bit for fear of snagging.

TRUMP'S secret Northern wall

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks