Lake conditions this morning

whitbytrader

Can anyone report on the Lake conditions down by Port Bruce this morning? Want to take the grandkids to the catfish derby but an finding conflicting reports of wave and wind conditions. No wind in Aylmer this morning.

Thanks
Phil

The wind in Port Bruce at this moment is 22 kph gusting to 36 kph and is forecast to increase. It won't be pleasant.

After looking at the 4 weather sites I check, I look out the window at the trees to see how much they're moving in the wind and that determines whether I'll go or not. The trees are moving enough here in London right now that I wouldn't and won't be going today especially with a 20+km/hr east wind with gusts. The lake will a little rough today.

Now that said, if you're going for the catfish derby, fish the creek by where the bridge was, or just past it a bit. I always had good luck fishing for cats between the bend at Bee Line camp ground and the bend by Rush Creek. :)

LSC not fishable... Neighbors from Wisconsin left 2 days early... we trolled for an hour and then called it.

Last edited:
LSC not fishable... Neighbors from Wisconsin left 2 days early... we trolled for an hour and then called it.
Sorry to hear you guys got blown off to end your musky trip.
Unfortunately Lake St. Clair is much like LPB, don't take a lot of wind to get nasty in a hurry.

We might try fishing the mouth of the "tames" as those from the land of Trump say. There is some protection there.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks