Lady Simcoe - Jan 08

ch312

made the trip to get my fix and it was definitely satisfied for a while as i probably caught 200-250 perch and kept a limit of 10-12" fish.

tons of fish around, but the hogs were sluggish. i can only imagine the look on my face when i was in 14 ft of gin clear water (could see bottom clear as day in 25ft too) and multiple schools of 20+ 12-15" fish rolled by. unfortunately, with the big ones being sluggish i had to settle for the small fish of the schools :D

kinda pointless using the sonar when it like this...

fishfinderperch.jpg

Sounds like a fun day! Was thinking of going up myself. I never been. Could u point me to a good starting point. Lots of ice?

quote:
Originally posted by crave fish

Sounds like a fun day! Was thinking of going up myself. I never been. Could u point me to a good starting point. Lots of ice?

there was 7" where i was with tons of atv's and sleds out. with the cold nights many are saying the ice will be fine up there, but i'd definitely stay off for the next few days. today would have been a great day on the ice! we'll have to wait to see what the rain does to the ice tomorrow...

its already hard enough to find a parking spot up there. send me an email for details...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks