Fishing Report Lack of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross17

Ok, I saw at least 6 boats on the way to the lake on my way to work in St Thomas from Port Stanley. How did everyone do? Thinking about going out Sunday.

I saw the same thing a few days ago. Must have been just after 6am.

Maybe they’re catching them out there and we don’t know

Been horribly slow perchin in port bruce.
Been at least 4 fishin tugs working the area in close both east and west of the pier. So they're out there somewhere. But that said, Mackies made a post on FB saying they're almost out of perch and the commercial boys have told them it's not been a good year for them so when they run out they aren't sure when they'll have more, so they'll switch to serving Atlantic Cod again and I did notice at least 2 of those 4 tugs on Thursday setting their nets out much deeper, so maybe they've changed tactics as well.

That was port stanley? I have not seen any nets at bruce yet this year but only been down couple time

Couple of weeks ago, I was out on a Monday night, there was 6 nets stretched out between Port Stanley and Port Bruce. Depending on how the lake looks tomorrow I am hoping to get out in the morning. I have been hoping to hear some good reports from PS, or PB.

Been at least 4 fishin tugs working the area in close both east and west of the pier. So they're out there somewhere. But that said, Mackies made a post on FB saying they're almost out of perch and the commercial boys have told them it's not been a good year for them so when they run out they aren't sure when they'll have more, so they'll switch to serving Atlantic Cod again and I did notice at least 2 of those 4 tugs on Thursday setting their nets out much deeper, so maybe they've changed tactics as well.
Your fault Trevor they have been reading your posts and know now where to set the nets LOL

That was port stanley? I have not seen any nets at bruce yet this year but only been down couple time
No Port Bruce. They've been laying the nets between Pt Stanley and Pt Bruce, in tight to shore, and then out further. They've been doing it for at least the past 5 years if not longer. Have not needed a set of binoculars to see them doing it from the pier. Then they swing east and do it again between Bruce and Burwell.

Your fault Trevor they have been reading your posts and know now where to set the nets LOL
Can't be my fault. I'm sitting on the pier and catching them and they aren't laying their nets beside the pier and I can't cast out to where they are. But, they're laying them in close again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks