Fishing Report Lac Seul Roady -2022

@Rob V my trip is actually a work one so I did not choose it but after being there last year Anderson Lodge is a first class lodge and fishing is incredible.

@Rob V my trip is actually a work one so I did not choose it but after being there last year Anderson Lodge is a first class lodge and fishing is incredible.
my mistake - i thought you had went to the same camp as spiniest i.e. goosebay. I’ve re-read the post and now see where you and joejoefish are off to andersons. Another great lodge for sure !

@spincast one more question - of all the camps/lodges on this lake how did you decide on this one ? was there any special reason you chose this camp over the others ? How about you @Reel Therapy and @joejoefish ? Any special reason you’ve chose this camp ? Thanks again for your input/help
First time it was a bit of research, the fact I know someone in Dryden, and luck. This year it was because the first trip was all around top 2 of our annual trips. The fishing isn't quite as amazing as Nipigon, but the hospitality is head and shoulders above. Goose Bay is a fair way from Andersons. Actually it's probably one of the furthest you can go to and not cross the dam. We're going back next year because we know what to expect and there is still miles of fishing to explore. There are hundreds of lodges to choose from, ranging from insanely expensive to very reasonable. I don't think you can go wrong from a fishing experience.

@spincast one more question - of all the camps/lodges on this lake how did you decide on this one ? was there any special reason you chose this camp over the others ? How about you @Reel Therapy and @joejoefish ? Any special reason you’ve chose this camp ? Thanks again for your input/help
Rob V. I won this trip thanks to FishnCanada and N.O.T.O. ... I will have a full report when I get back. I have went to Waterfalls Lodge for the last 15 years. Price is good and fishing is good. Bass season open all year and lots of Pike between 2 - 5 lbs. We go to the Spanish river for a walleye for are take home.

Love the music choice on your video...I played with Willie P over the years in the past..
No sh#t!? How cool is that? Willie was an amazing lyricist with a soulful voice that carried the tunes awesome. I was thinking that after the Blackie & The Rodeo King cover got some commercial success we might hear more from him. Another under the radar Canadian artist. Spotify, for example has almost 0 of his tunes,🤷‍♂️ I never did get so see him live but listened for years.

Last edited:
No sh#t!? How cool is that? Willie was an amazing lyricist with a soulful voice that carried the tunes awesome. I was thinking that after the Blackie & The Rodeo King cover got some commercial success we might here more from him. Another under the radar Canadian artist. Spotify, for example has almost 0 of his tunes,🤷‍♂️ I never did get so see him live but listened for years.
Willie was possibly the best Canadian song writer ever. I played with him with the Dixie Flyers, and did backup work with him after. He was one of a kind!!!

Hope to try Lac Seul next year. Have family in Sioux Lookout but that said they have no experience navigating the lake. From what I've read in your post we're better off hiring a guide to avoid problems on the Lake.
Did you end up going?

Did you end up going?
I did. Fishing was even better, although no PBs this time. Well over 400 fish in the boat between the 2 of us in 6 days. Some of my partners fish and visitors to our cabin.

Attachments

• 20230702_090647.jpg
    20230702_090647.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230707_085520.jpg
    20230707_085520.jpg
    467 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230705_120512.jpg
    20230705_120512.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230707_190201.jpg
    20230707_190201.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230705_203602.jpg
    20230705_203602.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230704_153544.jpg
    20230704_153544.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 11
I did. Fishing was even better, although no PBs this time. Well over 400 fish in the boat between the 2 of us in 6 days. Some of my partners fish and visitors to our cabin.

Right on looks like a blast
I can’t wait!
Jigging minnows?

Yup its all about finding the spot and the depth for the day. The guys t the cabinn next to us trolled with worm harnesses, bottom bouncers and had similar results, but we really enjoy jigging.

Big fish of the week this year. The lightest tap in 25 fow. They were shedding their teeth the week we were there so the bite was pretty soft

Attachments

• received_1249531132359950~2.jpeg
    received_1249531132359950~2.jpeg
    347 KB · Views: 7
Yup its all about finding the spot and the depth for the day. The guys t the cabinn next to us trolled with worm harnesses, bottom bouncers and had similar results, but we really enjoy jigging.
Right on I look forward to the drive home from Alberta now hahaha
I want to jig for sure do enough trolling on Erie for them.
I was curious about what casting crank baits effectiveness for them is. And the small mouth bass look pretty nice up there too and of course the photos of the pike are really nice that I have seen.

Big fish of the week this year. The lightest tap in 25 fow. They were shedding their teeth the week we were there so the bite was pretty soft
I wonder how the bite will be in mid/late September.. I only gave us 3 nights but that’s all the time we will have since we have to get back to work Haha
And I’m sure she will just love the drive seeing as she will be like 5 months prego at the time
So it is nice to break up the drive

I wonder how the bite will be in mid/late September.. I only gave us 3 nights but that’s all the time we will have since we have to get back to work Haha
And I’m sure she will just love the drive seeing as she will be like 5 months prego at the time
So it is nice to break up the drive
Reach out to Simon. https://youtube.com/@vishuscirquel

Hi lives in dryden and guides on Seul, Wabigoon and back lakes that hardly see a boat. He WILL put you on fish. Warning, watching his YouTube channel can be addictive. Tell him I mentioned his name.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks