Know the water, know the weather - Don't take chances.

BallEye2

Fortunately everything turned out okay (with the exception of the boat) for these fisherman. Be responsible - know when NOT to go. And if you do go - make sure you and your craft are capable, know the water, know the weather. Putting yourself and rescuers at risk for a fish - just not worth it.

Not to make light of this situation as it's quite serious with the cold water but it's a little strange that they are walking to the basket in waist deep water and the boat seems to be grounded. I think you can see shore in the top right corner of the photo as well. Could be a sand bar out in the lake I guess but it just seemed a bit weird especially reading that they couldn't be rescued by boat due to the depth of the water.
It reminded me of an old piece of advice from a wise old fisherman; 'if you ever find yourself drowning in the inner bay, stand up'.

Not to make light of this situation as it's quite serious with the cold water but it's a little strange that they are walking to the basket in waist deep water and the boat seems to be grounded. I think you can see shore in the top right corner of the photo as well. Could be a sand bar out in the lake I guess but it just seemed a bit weird especially reading that they couldn't be rescued by boat due to the depth of the water.
It reminded me of an old piece of advice from a wise old fisherman; 'if you ever find yourself drowning in the inner bay, stand up'.
I thought it a bit weird as well - reading that they couldn't be rescued by boat. I thought - could the rescue boat not have gone to the sandbar and the dudes walked off the bar to the boat? They were wearing lifejackets- thankfully. They obviously didn't go in the morning with the intent of being swamped - a good outcome regardless of circumstances.

Some spots in the inner bay are over my head at 5’8” depends where in the bay you are and the last few years been a little deeper with the high water levels

Some spots in the inner bay are over my head at 5’8” depends where in the bay you are and the last few years been a little deeper with the high water levels
For sure, I get it....and that doesn't account for how far you sink in the mud either!

Looks like knee deep water
that boat isn’t buging
just like the Suez Canal they are stuck lol
But they must of been flying to get so far up on the bar so as not to get a boat too them

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks