knives

Helmut

Where can you purchase the 12 in filleting knives from. I find the standard size no good for walleye and salmon.
Also want to get a quality sharpener

In Hamilton go to Nella Cutlery. They have used fillet knives up to 24". Cheap, cheap, cheap. I don't know about now but years back if you needed a sharpen you just exchanged the knife for another. Tell my cousin I sent you.

Nice to be able to catch Walleye so big a standard Rappala knife is too small. We were just talking today and I said something about the small Pic was around 5 lbs. Where we used to fish on Nippissing and the Ottawa a 5 pounder was a great Grandma that was released or mounted as a trophy. Here it's a baby. "Yo vollem." That means I love it in Croat.

If you're in the Simcoe area, have a look at Eli's Guns on Queensway.
519-426-9042
I bought a few knives from them over the years (wish I'd quit "loosing" them.) I can't remember the manufacturer of the knife but its called "old timer". Nice long flexible blade that holds a good edge. It's been a few years since I've been there; but they use to sharpen knives and they came out with factory edges.

Dan.

WIll try Elis then.

I have a rapala electric that does work but dead slow. Should give the wifes good electric a try I guess.

Knives...I searched long and hard. The best I found were old used butches knives from a local butcher. Then I got a sample of the bubba blade and I loved it. I now have 3 of them in 2 sizes and a stiff blade and a flexible blade. Awesome!!! http://www.bubbablade.com

For a sharpener...I tried almost everything from stones to the kitchen specials.... Then I got a Work Sharp from Busy Bee in London...a Handyman's paradise right across Wellington from Costco. Check it out online... http://www.worksharptools.com/knife...ener/work-sharp-knife-and-tool-sharpener.html works on straight blades, serrated blades, from a pocket knife to an axe. Small and portable but almost fool proof!

With these weapons, there are no fish on the great lakes that you cannot fillet with the best of them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks