Off Topic Knife Sharpening service

G.Mech

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
If you're like me, you love a sharp knife but suck at producing a good edge on them. I've tried lots of the devices and hone kits but just could not get what I was after and really don't enjoy doing that job very much so I rounded up all my old knives including a 30+ year old Cutco and some lower end Rapala fillet knives and dropped them off with Doug Easterbrook just South of Waterford on old Hwy 24. A day later I picked them up and they are better than when they were new! The old Cutco was pretty beaten up and been through hell but after sharpening I tried it side x side with my brand new one and it's even better than the factory edge. He does an amazing job on all kinds of knives, lawn equipment blade etc for a very reasonable price and being a butcher, he knows a good knife edge. Just thought I'd give him a shout out since I was so impressed and that says a lot!

https://www.facebook.com/Dougeasterbrookknifesharpening

Thank you!
I was getting a guy in st thomas to do my knives as well but haven’t got them sharpened in a while
Have just been buying new cheap knives
But now I notice some aren’t coming sharp from the stores which is frustrating
Sucks cleaning fish with dull knives

I had a guy in Guelph tune up six of my knives.

Really happy with the difference .

I have added a F. Dick micro eurocut oval steel and a ceramic hone to my box of stuff and they're making a huge difference on maintaining his work. 🌻

A very quick and easy knife sharpening tool is work sharp belt sharpeners, takes very dull to very sharp very quickly. Honing w metal polish will get knives razor sharp. I got one 5+yrs ago and haven't looked back.
Not allowed to get kitchen knives razor sharp as wife cut herself and nvr felt it ....
$100+ dollars for basic model

A very quick and easy knife sharpening tool is work sharp belt sharpeners, takes very dull to very sharp very quickly. Honing w metal polish will get knives razor sharp. I got one 5+yrs ago and haven't looked back.
Not allowed to get kitchen knives razor sharp as wife cut herself and nvr felt it ....
$100+ dollars for basic model
Where do you purchase this?

Save older fine grit belts and apply borr paste/metal polish and you can hone knives to razor sharpness. Look on tou tube for demo videos. I know work sharp is not for purists using stones and strops but i just want a sharp knife.

I have work sharp. it is great, I even sharpen lawnmower blade with it. but. with expensive knifes, you pass it across the belt a bit too far and you lose a point. Just a heads up.

I had a guy in Guelph tune up six of my knives.

Really happy with the difference .

I have added a F. Dick micro eurocut oval steel and a ceramic hone to my box of stuff and they're making a huge difference on maintaining his work. 🌻
Hwyhaul, why oval ,not round? Is it better? I have no experience with sharpening steel, I use a leather strope instead, thats why I'm asking.

Hwyhaul, why oval ,not round? Is it better? I have no experience with sharpening steel, I use a leather strope instead, thats why I'm asking.

A knife guy in the states I was speaking with recommended that F. Dick product. (Fine not coarse)

He was honest, "I make knives, I don't have one in stock. You use one of those and you'll cut your need for resharpening your knives way down."

So far so good. 🌻

This discussion is exactly why I have given up on all the tools, apparatus, and gimmicks...for 25 bucks I'll drop my knives off and get them done professionally and chillax with a beer while he does the job!

It was more like he could take one home sometime and do it himself!
Fine,
I’ll hit you up on that offer if it’s extended to me as well 😊
My knives are dull and it’s driving me nuts
And the little hand held sharpener that come with one of the knives doesn’t work worth shit

If you're like me, you love a sharp knife but suck at producing a good edge on them. I've tried lots of the devices and hone kits but just could not get what I was after and really don't enjoy doing that job very much so I rounded up all my old knives including a 30+ year old Cutco and some lower end Rapala fillet knives and dropped them off with Doug Easterbrook just South of Waterford on old Hwy 24. A day later I picked them up and they are better than when they were new! The old Cutco was pretty beaten up and been through hell but after sharpening I tried it side x side with my brand new one and it's even better than the factory edge. He does an amazing job on all kinds of knives, lawn equipment blade etc for a very reasonable price and being a butcher, he knows a good knife edge. Just thought I'd give him a shout out since I was so impressed and that says a lot!

https://www.facebook.com/Dougeasterbrookknifesharpening
That does say a lot!!! Lol

I can't sharpen knife to save my life with straps or stones or sharpening rod
I got a home sharpener at Canadian Tire that's simple to use , it got 3 section prep/ sharpen / polish, got a handle , just pull the knife blade towards you 3 times and it's good to go
I sharpen the blades after every fish

I have a Work sharp belt sander as well. Im happy with it but it does take some finesse and attention to the degree you want as well as requires belt changing depending on how beat up the item is that you have to sharpen.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks