kids limits?

springerhill

i tried looking up this info online and in the fishing regulations ook but can't seem to locate the info?

does anyone know what the regulations are for kids limits? specifically for perch in lake erie.

also wanting to know what the cost is for kids on big daves perch charter. i tried taking my boy out in the inner bay perchin 2 summers ago but his attention span for fishing was about 3 minutes. im hoping to get him interested in fishing by taking him out on big daves charter where the action is alot faster.

thanks for any info!
springerhill

We had a discussion about this a few weeks ago. The kids limit is equal to a sport license. If you call or pm @Big Dave he will give you all info about the charters.

Kids have sportfishing limits. From Page 4 of the regs:

A person is deemed to be the holder of a Recreational Fishing Licence if they are:
  1. Residents of Ontario and Canada under 18 years old, or 65 years of age or older and in possession of any licence, permit, certificate or identification card issued by the Government of Canada or a provincial or territorial government of Canada that indicates their name and date of birth.
Those who qualify to fish with a deemed licence must follow the same catch and possession limits as a Sport Fishing Licence.

@springerhill - I can no longer get out of the house without the 7yr old and the 3yr old (he kisses the boat in the morning) and my 5 yr old daughter seems to enjoy it as well. The trick with them is a) lots of food b) catching fish, any fish c) let them play with the minnows. I tend to go to where I know we can pick up pan fish at first then spend some time on the perch. I also picked up a couple of the Diawa Spin cast reals and replaced the plastic crap reels that come with kids rods: http://www.daiwa.com/reel/detail.aspx?id=244 - that way they can actually cast the rods and they tend to not make a big unfixable mess with those reels.

Now that I have them excited to go out they have some more patience for learning walleye or chasing salmon. Salmon in the spring has caused me some problems with my 3yr old as he now complains when we catch perch -- "I want big feeesh dad, those are small."

Good luck!

right on JRR! thats awesome about your kids...is that the old saying about being carefull what you wish for, cause you might just get it? lol
i too have a 7 and 3 year old boys. i did buy them half decent rod/reels, thanks for the reply, i will follow your advise for sure.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks