Kid friendly perch setup

RyTek Marine

After last weeks limit of pickerel the kids are excited to go back down to Burwell again but I am thinking they may have even more of a blast if we can get onto some perch. I always personally fished for perch out at the Sand Hills or Hastings with a pickerel rig but am wondering what else make work better. They are 4 and 7 and thinking a single hook may just be a better idea and keep the minnow guy/perch unhooker (me) a little more sane if they (including my wife) get onto perch!

Hopefully the winds cooperate for tomorrow...probably not the case though!

Thanks in advance...Ryan

I use Aberdeen hooks. I tie a 1/2 oz sinker on the bottom and then 2 hooks about 12" apart using a Palomar knot directly to your main line. With Aberdeen hooks they stick straight out. Kinda like a pickeral rig but without the extra 8" of line sticking out. My nephew never tangles this setup.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks