Kicker size??

My brother in law just picked up a new 20 HP Suzuki 4 stroke and apparently it is the lightest in its class by 50lbs! It is the same power head for the 9.9, 15 and 20. It was $3000 brand new. Not sure how much the 9.9's are. Just another brand to throw in the mix! Lol

I commented earlier but forgot to mention what ever motor you go with get one that will charge your batteries while trolling ;)

Dave is right the Suzuki is a decent motor as well as the Yamaha it's just the honda 4 strokes are almost bullet proof. When I was guiding we ran Johnson or merc 4 strokes for a few years...switched to Hondas and operating costs lowered. Just a fyi the Johnsons are prone to weak gearshift levers and linkages it was so bad had to keep boxes full of spares around . Sounds like all the companies make decent motors now.....Tohatsu and merc made on same line ...and same parts

9.9 Merc. 4 stroke has it all. Reliable and cheap to run. Saved my bacon twice now , once on opening day of bass I had an electrical problem and the big guy would not start and the second time I was east of Bruce and ran over a run away net. She brought me home 10 miles in a 2 ft chop. Both incidents were on my old 23 ft tub that weighed a million pounds. Bought a new 20 ft legend and the first thing I did was make sure she had a kicker 9.9 bigfoot.

Did the same thing, 9.9 all the way...:):)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks