Just ordered an ATV.

Woodsman

Come on ice.
I just ordered an ATV for the icefishing season plus some trail riding.
Ordered a Cam Am 450 Outlander L Max DPS.
a52b3875886372e2b813eddd83d06ac8.png

As much as I enjoy ice fishing. I hate the cold. I wouldn't be to heart broken if we ha an open winter. Plus the bush is dry. My grandfather always said that freeze up won't come until every bog in the bush is full.

Long Point (ice permitting), Lake Simcoe, Temagami area & usually a trip or two to other places yearly.

If we get another really cold winter, consider trying the Ohio waters of Lake Erie east of Toledo. Great ice fishing!

Update.
I was just at the dealer earlier today as they prepped my ATV.
Found out the 2500 lb Superwinch is on back order so they upgraded me to the 3500 lb one for no additional cost.
Pick-up after lunch tomorrow.

Nice @Woodsman... looks perfect. Keep her locked up and on top of the hard water!

Now you just need some cold weather like the last 2 winters!

If you have a trailer for that tinner in the back, the ultimate back lakes setup. Very nice!

Do yourself a favor @Woodsman and get a set of chains for your beautiful new toy. Last winter I had the pleasure several times riding out a few miles on my nephew's new Outlander 2-up to go ice fishing on Lake Simcoe. Not sure what model of Outlander but it had an 800 cc engine and no kidding rode like a Cadillac over the rough areas.. He had new chains for it but you know young guys was so eager to get at those famous Simcoe whities he didn't want to take the time to put them on so we were doing a lot of sliding around on the bare ice portions. I finally made him stop so we could put them on and what a difference. It gave us total control, you won't regret it just my 2 cents. :)

I bought it with a set of rear tire chains.
Will decide on fronts after trying without them.
For ice fishing I also added the windshield & heated handgrips/thumb warmer.

I bought it with a set of rear tire chains.
Will decide on fronts after trying without them.
For ice fishing I also added the windshield & heated handgrips/thumb warmer.

Chains on the rear will help with better traction however it will not give you the steering control or stopping power chains on all 4 wheels will give you. The windshield and heated grips are certainly a plus. Good luck ice fishing this winter. (y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks