Just my thoughts

After hearing the news this week, I will be equipping my boat with more safety item that everyone has been speaking about more flares, PFD, Kill switch system. Big wake up call for myself and I am sure everyone on this form. Gut wrenching to hear this news I pray for this gentleman and hoping for a safe return. I can't even imagine. Stay Safe.
Stay safe yourself and good luck fishing.

I'm heart broken thinking about that fisherman out there. My heart is so full after reading all the comments the past few days. We have a wonderful group of people on this site. Please use your safety equipment. My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of this man. Hold your loved ones tight and tell them you love them. Sorry it's sappy I'm aloud. This accident has really shaken me. Stay safe all my fishing friends. ♥️🎣
You’re not alone fishing girl. My wife and I fished this morning at Glasgow and it wore on us as well.
We talked a “what if “ plan if something should go wrong while on the water. Made sure both knew where and how safety gear and motor controls where.
Also went over how we would react if someone else was in distress.
A sad reminder of the danger but made us review our own rules.
Cheers and stay safe everyone.

Does anyone in the group have a C-TOW membership. $125 a year seams very reasonable. We ventured out to the Long Point Lighthouse yesterday in our new boat (new to me). I have a kicker as back up. Just thought this extra security might be worth it. Any thoughts. Thanks.
I do. it's $100 for the great lake package. We go to different area's, was just up in Parry Sound lots of rock so.... just in case, No begging for a tow. Caa for boats. and they'll tow back from US water. I did use it once for a tow from close to lighthouse to port dover. Service was above and beyond what was required, but that would depend on the operator I suppose.

You’re not alone fishing girl. My wife and I fished this morning at Glasgow and it wore on us as well.
We talked a “what if “ plan if something should go wrong while on the water. Made sure both knew where and how safety gear and motor controls where.
Also went over how we would react if someone else was in distress.
A sad reminder of the danger but made us review our own rules.
Cheers and stay safe everyone.
We did the same.

Back